Faculty Manager, Program Mentors, Special Education
The Program Manager is a member of WGU's academic leadership team. As a program manager, you are primarily responsible for successfully implementing various faculty initiatives to enhance the student experience. You will be leading a team of 15 to 20 Program Mentors, empowering them to deliver results and to continuously improve processes to help our students succeed.
You will inspire and engage our faculty members to be top performers and to be individual leaders who demonstrate the WGU leadership principles.
Why Start a Career at WGU
WGU is the only university in the history of American higher education to have earned accreditation from four regional accrediting commissions. We are the first exclusively online university to receive NCATE accreditation for its degree programs that lead to teacher licensure, a testament to the fact that WGU graduates have the knowledge and skills to be effective in helping all students learn.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Manages Program Mentor performance to achieve organizational goals and initiatives
- Conducts Program Mentor performance reviews and manages performance improvement plans
- Develops and leads team- and program-specific training initiatives
- Collaborates with our faculty members across different colleges and departments to ensure a consistent and seamless student experience
- Participates in department planning, hiring, and training initiatives
- Supports university colleagues as necessary
- Graduate degree in field of study required;
- 5 years' proven experience in managing a team of direct reports in an educational setting;
- Solid experience in teacher licensure and special education and/or English Language Learning classroom teaching experience
- Demonstrates strong people leadership skills; able to inspire and engage team members to go above and beyond
- Is a team player and collaborates well with others to achieve a common goal
- Must be comfortable with collecting, analyzing, and using quantitative information to implement change
- Thrives in a dynamic, innovative work environment
- Strong verbal communication skills with ability to present information clearly, concisely, and accurately; friendly, persuasive speaking style
- Must be technologically competent: experience using Outlook email and calendar, video conferencing tools, and MS Office is required
WORK FROM HOME, United States