Director for Communications and Public Relations
The Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) is seeking a strong Director for Communications and Public Relations to develop, execute, and assess MSCHE’s strategic communications plan. This incumbent will develop and implement an integrated strategy for all communications, website, public relations messages, and collateral to ensure consistency in the articulation of MSCHE’s mission and strategic goals. Working closely with MSCHE’s senior leadership and the Commission, this individual will also manage public relations and all communication sent to the public including writing and delivering press releases and fielding inquiries from media. Please note that this position will not be responsible for reporting Commission actions.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement, and annually evaluate an integrated, organization-wide strategic communications plan.
- Facilitate content generation for and manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral, ensuring its alignment with the strategic communications plan.
- With input and guidance from senior management, manage all media contacts.
- Effectively prioritize media opportunities and prepare talking points, speeches, presentations, and other supporting material as needed.
- Create and launch press releases.
- In collaboration with internal and external content experts, monitor and maintain the currency and usefulness of the Commission’s website.
- Support the Director for Conferences and Events in coordinating the annual conference, town hall meetings, and other member-focused events.
Qualified candidates will offer a Bachelor degree with at least five years of experience in a lead communications role. Candidates will have demonstrated experience managing message across several communications media, experience developing, implementing, and assessing coordinated communications strategies, and experience relating to the media and the public. Knowledge of WordPress and/or HTML is required and expertise in WordPress is preferred. Experience in higher education or a non-profit and familiarity with regional accreditation is also preferred.
This position offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and work environment and is based in Philadelphia, PA.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to the following job link:
Green Card or Citizenship required for application. Visa sponsorship or H1-B transfer not currently available.
The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Additional inquiries and questions can be emailed to Beth Cessna at email@example.com.
The Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE), located in Philadelphia, PA, is a voluntary, non-governmental, membership association that defines, maintains, and promotes educational excellence across institutions with diverse missions, student populations, and resources. It examines each institution as a whole, rather than specific programs within institutions. MSCHE is recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education to conduct accreditation and pre-accreditation (Candidacy status) activities for institutions of higher education in Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, including distance education and correspondence education programs offered at those institutions.
MSCHE is also recognized by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) to accredit degree-granting institutions which offer one or more post-secondary educational programs of at least one academic year in length in Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and other geographic areas in which the Commission conducts accrediting activities.