Alumni Relations and Special Events Manager
Requisition Number STA - 201000000581
Job Title Alumni Relations and Special Events Manager
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Alumni Relations and Special Events Manager.
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
The Alumni & Special Events Manager will implement, plan, coordinate and execute special events for the University of North Texas at Dallas as well as external events as assigned. Events include meetings, receptions, private social events, special events, fundraising events and other university-sponsored activities.
Reporting to the Vice President for University Advancement, Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing an alumni relations program designed create a pipeline of engaged alumni.
- Developing strategic alumni activities and assess the resources needed to develop and sustain alumni activities.
- Creating meaningful reunion opportunities for alumni of all class years to engage with the university.
- Identify and plan programs with corporations that employ alumni or corporations who wish to employ graduates.
- Develop an annual giving campaign to actively identify, qualify, cultivate and solicit alumni to contribute to the campaign.
- Planning, designing and producing exceptional special events for the university that reflect and advance the University of North Texas at Dallas' brand and cultivate prospects and donors.
- Managing and coordinating all aspects of events including oversight of professional caterers, vendors, related contracts and set ups to ensure university events policies and procedures are enforced.
- Working closely with External Relations team to develop and manage public and private events to engage current and prospective donors.
- Preparing timelines, calendars, reports and diagrams for special events.
- Develop checklist for events based on event needs.
- Oversee all metric reporting and status updates on special events including progress toward revenue goals.
- Producing an annual fundraising gala, President's Cultivation Events and Awareness Gatherings and other major donor and Foundation Board events.
- Working with Marketing and Communications to produce invitations and other printed pieces for special events, and to ensure visibility and promotion of university events.
- Assisting with coordinating, facilitating, planning and producing fundraisers and attending committee meetings as needed.
- Coordinating with university administrators to develop and manage guest lists for a variety of events held on campus.
- Maintain effective and working relationship with others at all times.
- Communicate effectively, appropriately, and accurately in writing and verbally.
- Manage and complete multiple tasks simultaneously in a timely, efficient, and effective manner.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree and three years of professional experience in alumni relations, fundraising, sales, marketing, strategic event planning and execution, volunteer management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with event vendors, production and planning techniques; knowledge on how to execute a plan to coordinate the work of vendors.
- High degree of creativity and knowledge of event trends.
- Computer proficiency in software programs such as Excel, Access, Microsoft Office Word and events management software a plus.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; must be detail-oriented and able to manage program budgets.
- High degree of initiative, intuition and innovation.
- Able to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
Substitution of Experience/Education Yes
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
$4,166.67 Per Month
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Ph D
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Cover Letter
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)