Sr IT Auditor
Sr IT Auditor
Requisition Number: STFR004256
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
The Senior IT Auditor will plan and execute IT audit projects to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls surrounding University data and assets. This position requires advanced knowledge of technology controls over system development, program changes, vulnerability management, web applications, operating systems, databases, applications software, computer operations, network security, BCP\DR, and emerging technologies.
The Senior IT Auditor must possess a working knowledge of Northeastern University including its business processes, policies and procedures, governance practices, and regulatory obligations as it relates to information systems. The Senior IT Auditor will report to the Assistant Director of Information Technology (IT) Audit.
The Senior IT Auditor is expected to:
The Senior IT Auditor needs to produce timely and accurately completed audit work with properly supported results and conclusions and audit recommendations are well thought out and workable. The auditor should have a strong desire to put the auditee first with the goal of adding value to their processes; and remain a support to the auditee without compromising audit independence.
Candidate for this position should possess:
• Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Information Security/Assurance, Computer Science, or a related discipline. Master’s degree is a plus.
• Minimum of three to five years’ experience in IT auditing, IT risk & compliance, and\or information security. Higher education experience is a plus.
• Familiar with audit management tools\solutions
• Working knowledge of security and technology frameworks (e.g. NIST, COBIT).
• Strong data analytical skills. Advanced knowledge of MS Excel is required.
• Related professional certification (CISA or CITP is required; CISSP, CISM or other applicable certification is a plus)
• Proven ability to work effectively on multiple projects at the same time, and learn complex technical concepts.
* Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with strong analytical ability.
* High professional standards with the ability to handle confidential information and work with a diverse population.
This position requires a criminal background check.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: [email protected]
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.