Adjunct Allied Health
Adjunct Allied Health
Community College of Allegheny County
Seeking applicants interested in teaching a CCAC credit course (ALH140) in local high schools. For more details and to apply, visit www.ccacjobs.com; and apply to “Adjunct Allied Health” posting. Community College of Allegheny County. EOE.
The primary responsibilities of the faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. To meet these responsibilities, faculty must remain knowledgeable about advances in their disciplines, in learning theory, and in pedagogy. Faculty portfolios will include contributions and program development and show evidence of ongoing professional development.
Work location and additional information:
Specifically seeking individuals for areas in clinical lab tech, clinical microbiology, clinical hematology, and/or clinical phlebotomy.
Please note: If you are a PSERS retiree, per PSERS guidelines, employment by the College as an adjunct faculty member will result in the suspension of your retirement benefits by PSERS.
Campus: College Wide
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
Daytime hours. Varies according to class schedule and the needs of the College and Department.
Certification equal to or exceeding the level of program graduates.
1. The primary responsibilities of faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. Prepare and provide students with course outlines that support learning objectives set forth in the course syllabus. Develop and measure learning outcomes. Assess student performance and maintain grade records.
2. Create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods.
3. Collaborate in the development and continued assessment of learning outcomes for use in program reviews and curriculum revision.
4. Work with other program and/or discipline faculty to complete scheduled program reviews and to use the findings to revise the curriculum.
5. Participate in appropriate professional development activities to assure currency in both discipline, knowledge and instructional methods.
6. Participate in department/discipline, division, campus, and college meetings and committees.
7. Participate in college projects, surveys, studies, and reports that relate to the discipline or program.
8. Collaborate in the development of program and/or discipline promotional materials.
9. Support the college's goals.
10. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Job Category: Adjunct Faculty
Job Type: Adjunct
Department: Adjunct Faculty
All applicants must apply online at: http://www.ccacjobs.com. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.