General Description of Position:
The position is responsible for the development, planning, and facilitation of a wide variety of educational conferences, seminars, and noncredit programs offered by the College of Education and professional associations. In addition to program coordination, this position is tasked with developing new conferences and noncredit programs based on educational and workforce needs. Program development will be in partnership with appropriate subject matter experts. Applicants must have the ability to travel outside the state of Kansas and to work non-standard hours.
Information about the College/Unit:
The mission of K-State Global Campus is to extend Kansas State University’s intellectual resources through quality degree programs, lifelong learning and professional development opportunities. K-State Global Campus is the fourth campus of Kansas State University and is located in Manhattan, Kansas.
For more information about K-State Global Campus go to http://global.k-state.edu/about/.
Kansas State University is a land grant college established in 1863. For more information about K-State go to http://www.k-state.edu/about/.
For more information about Manhattan, Kansas and the surrounding area go to http://www.manhattancvb.org/.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Manage all aspects of meeting coordination to include development of meeting goals and objectives, contract preparation and negotiation, budget management, production timelines, request for proposals management, planning food and beverage with strict attention to special dietary requirements, provision of accommodation services as needed, registration oversight and working with multiple vendors.
- Develop and manage communications in support of the meeting to include content development for marketing efforts, development of registration confirmation materials, development of meeting specifications for various vendors, preparation of exhibitor prospectus, management of participant surveys and compilation of results, and preparation of accurate and informative post-event reports.
- Monitor educational and workforce needs for program development opportunities, working with subject matter experts to develop new programs.
- Participate on project teams and committees in service to the Conferences and Noncredit Programs unit and to K-State Global Campus.
- For a full position description visit: http://global.k-state.edu/about/employment/
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In your application materials, please include a single PDF file containing the following:
- Cover letter addressing your qualifications and skills related to the position
- Resume or curriculum vita listing education and employment history
- Three professional references including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate) and email address
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until the position is filled. For best consideration, apply by Friday, January 19, 2018.
Salary Range/ Pay Rate:
Please note: the minimum salary for this position is $36,674. Actual salary will be determined based on the candidate’s experience, education, internal equity and departmental funding. Salary offers are typically made between the minimum and midpoint of the salary range. The range indicated includes both the typical hiring range and potential future progression.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.