The Employment Manager will be responsible for managing the processes of the Human Resource life cycle of KSUs staff. This will include background screenings, onboarding, orientation, new employee campus acclimation, performance management, and exiting procedures. Additionally, the Employment Manager will be management of the Employment Team, which supports these functions.
The Employment Manager will assist KSU hiring managers by establishing a system for ensuring smooth transitions of onboarding, offboarding and any employment status transitions. The Employment Manager will develop and implement practices to ensure the effective communication of employment procedures to all employees.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Lead the background screening and onboarding process for all new hires by managing the team that facilitates new employee orientation and the related communication
- Coordinate efforts of the Employment Team to create/maintain a roadmap for hiring managers and administrative support personnel to facilitate new employees campus acclimation to expedite productivity
- Track and report onboarding metrics, with guidance from HR leadership to identify process improvement opportunities
- Provide support to the HR Partners as they assist campus hiring managers through the annual evaluation and continuous performance management process, as applicable
- Work with HR leadership to coordinate the intersection of performance management and employee relations issues
- Coordinate the logistics involved in multi-faceted employment processes such as staff teaching approvals and dual appointment agreements
- Coach on policy/procedural issues, using excellent interpersonal and influence skills to gain alignment where needed
- Properly utilize change management strategies to support and assist with transitions in employment systems and processes which impact faculty, staff, and student employees
- Organize and supervise the Employment Team as they assist faculty, staff, and student employees with their general HR-related questions, navigating the processes of employment status changes, and through proper procedures when exiting the university
- Work closely with HR leadership to analyze data and determine appropriate strategies for addressing areas of concern to include turnover analysis, development and implementation of employment training for campus hiring managers, strengthening HR communication, and rewarding talent
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check as a condition of employment. See http://hr.kennesaw.edu/managers/docs/Credit_check_criteria.pdf for specific policy guidelines.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Minimum annualized salary: $52,500
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor's degree and 5 years experience (may require some specialized skill sets/training)
Preferred qualifications: A bachelors degree and ten years related experience is preferred. In addition to discernable experience as a manager, a successful candidate will have the ability to:
- Quickly learn new technologies
- Establish and maintain successful working relationships with colleagues, hiring managers, customers, and the public
- Provide guidance, training, and leadership to hiring managers
- Establish and track metrics
- Communicate effectively and appropriately to a wide variety of education levels
- Act in a confidential capacity handling external and internal inquiries from the public, employees, and departments with the highest level of integrity, professionalism, and fairness in all aspects of job performance
- Remain up to date on relevant changes in legislation, regulation, and policies which impact the university and its Human Resource functions
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and adjust successfully to rapid changes in priorities
- Determine the appropriate steps needed to implement strategic change management and process improvement