Clinical Veterinarian (Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory)
General Description of Position: The Kansas State Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory (KSVDL) is accepting applications for a Clinical Veterinarian. This essential position exists to create hands-on oversight of the daily accessioning process in KSVDL Client Services, ensure efficient sample routing, supervise accessioning personnel, and serve as a resource for client interaction and inquires. During the accessioning process this position will make outgoing inquires to clients concerning submission issues, test selection, and any other areas of needed clarification. Supervisory assignments will include two Client Service Accession Representatives and one Client Services Assistant. Cross training in all areas of Client Services will also provide a backup for all staff members. This position will also field client calls that may be related to sample selection and submission, test selection, and result interpretation. Diversity and Inclusion: Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community. Job Description:
- Oversee daily accessioning of incoming diagnostic samples within Client Services including review of submission forms, setting testing/sample priority, and guidance on sample routing. This includes frequent communication with KSVDL clients (rDVMs), Client Care, and KSVDL faculty to assure appropriate test/sample selection and rapid process completion.
- Supervise three full time staff members within the Client Services Accessioning area as well as participate in Quality Management activities including assisting with SOP/WI creation and updates, assisting with maintaining training records, employee evaluations, and competency assessments.
- Attend to phone/email inquiries from KSVDL clients including guidance on sample/test selection, sample submission, result interpretation, and case follow-up.
- Be cross trained in all areas of Client Services including necropsy, accessioning, and client care.
- Three years of clinical practice Preferred Qualifications: Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit an application along with a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. Screening of Applications Begins: Screening begins immediately Salary Range / Pay Rate: $ 61,542 - $ 98,467 annual salary Equal Employment Opportunity: Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Background Screening Statement: In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.