Research Associate-Fixed Term
The Ducat laboratory at the MSU DOE-Plant Research Laboratory is looking for a research associate (postdoctoral researcher) to join their team investigating cell biology and photosynthetic metabolism in cyanobacteria. The ideal candidate should have experience with photosynthetic microbes, especially in techniques related to molecular biology and metabolic engineering. Familiarity with standard molecular biology and biochemical research techniques is required. The Ducat lab has a variety of potential projects spanning from synthetic biology applications for the production of sustainable compounds, to fundamental study of cyanobacterial metabolism and photosynthesis.Required Degree
Doctorate -Biochemistry & Molecular Biology or relaMinimum Requirements
- Ph.D in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology or a related field.
- Experience with standard molecular biology techniques and genetic engineering of microbial systems.
- Candidates with direct experience working with cyanobacteria, especially Synechococcus elongatus PCC 7942.
- Applicants with experience in microscopy, analysis of chlorophyll fluorescence, and metabolic engineering or metabolomics techniques are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants should provide:
- Cover letter,
- Curriculum vitae,
- A 1-2 page statement of why they are interested in this position,
- The names of three persons who can provide a letter of reference.
The application package should be submitted through careers.msu.edu.
Materials can be directed to Daniel Ducat ([email protected]).
Review of applications will begin on January 1, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.