Director, Enterprise-wide Vendor Management & Procurement Services
The Director, with the Senior AVP of Financial Planning, ensures that the procurement service's team's business and financial plans, goals, business objectives, governance activities, and customer support levels are met. The Director assumes a leadership role in developing and implementing vendor management & procurement strategic plans and solutions for their customers and the College as well as supports the integrated processes between the Budget Office and Vendor Procurement Services activities.
The Director is specifically responsible for overseeing the College's central and enterprise-wide vendor management function & programs and other auxiliary services and outsourced vendor partners as required, including Mail Services, Food Services, Copy Services, Campus Store, and etc.; creating and managing the enterprise-wide vendor RFP/RFI calendar and processes; negotiating and managing the College's centralized contracts and related service levels (SLAs) with the vendors and the College's business units/customers; ensuring the College's business processes and procurement dollars spend are optimized, and that appropriate information technologies are implemented to streamline work processes; managing all aspects of business service contracts and vendors during their time at the College; and identifying, analyzing, and documenting work processes, critical paths and redundancies, costs, performance measures, and potential areas for improvement within departments being managed, as well as across campus-wide business areas where applicable.
• Directs the College's enterprise-wide vendor management function & program and all of its procurement services staff, functions, and responsibilities including but not limited to:
o Embraces a strong partnership and team-spirited model, and participates in strategic planning, development, and execution.
o Manages the enterprise-wide college business services contracts and related processes & SLAs for areas including: food services & beverage services, Facilities, Campus Store, copy services, marketing, etc. Negotiates, awards, and manages the final executed vendor contracts together with the internal business owners/customers.
o Responsible for the RFI/RFP processes life cycle including conducting needs analysis, researching state-of-the-art products and services, writing specifications for request for proposals, conducting bid processes and cost analysis of proposals submitted, negotiating favorable contract pricing, and implementation of the new vendor/services.
o Oversees all aspects of business service contracts and vendor management during their time at the College. This includes meeting with the managed vendors on a regular basis to review progress, discuss problems, service levels performance and consider necessary changes; monitoring contract activity on a routine basis to identify problem areas and confirm that acceptable performance standards are being met; tracking financial stability and ensuring that goods and services conform to the contract requirements; establishing a clear scope of authority and reporting; and establishing a procedure and timeline for making contract decisions and modifications.
o Serves as the main point of contact and manager for enterprise-wide college business service contracts and vendors. Consistently reviews all vendors to ensure they are providing the best service possible for the entire community.
o Be an active participant supporting the Workday system implementations projects for the procurement and financial modules.
• Develops governance bodies' financial documents, analyses, and presentations for procurement recommendations; completes complex procurement financial system models and analyses for operating areas as needed.
• Together with the Senior AVP, develops and implements collaborative budget & expense management, along with procurement processes, with A/P, IT, Facilities, HR, BEEE/BECC, and other business units as required.
• Oversees the Mail Services Operations of the College, including both inbound and outbound mail and packages for both students and staff. Monitors use of outside mailing and drives use of in-house assets for services such as postcard printing and fulfillment. Manages the current in-progress operational re-design of Mail Services' operations.
• Oversees Procurement Services operations, including reviewing purchasing orders and financial transactions to ensure optimization of the College is purchasing dollars and the support of a strong internal control structure.
• Identifies, analyzes, and documents procurement work processes, critical paths and redundancies, performance measures, and potential areas for procurement improvement opportunities. Where applicable, prepares procurement finance and operations reviews to document work processes, findings, and recommendations for presentation to various management groups and for explanation to user groups.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Procurement Specialist & Buyer
Senior Buyer, Procurement
Manager, Mail Services
Contracted Enterprise-wide Vendors, Services, and Agents
Minimum Level of Education Required Master's degree (Business Disciplines)
Additional Required Skills and Abilities:
• At least 10-15 years of progressively responsible leadership roles within procurement or relevant experience.
• Must have a thorough understanding of the entire vendor management & procurement functions.
• Must have a strong working knowledge of current and emerging e-business tools/software solutions, relationships, and trends as well as working knowledge of OSHA regulations.
• Must have a sound knowledge of mail management equipment and software, college data map and information flow, and technologies available to create, refresh, and maintain One Card systems.
• Ability to work with faculty and staff from multiple disciplines and functions across the College and externally re: procurement services activities.
• Must have strong financial quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, with the ability to apply these skills across problems of varying nature and scope.
• Must have excellent financial software and reporting skills set as well as negotiating and contract management administrations skills.
• Must have computer proficiency (MS-Office, internet, Great Plains, E-commerce, printing and networking)
• Must have strong supervisory, leadership, communication, and analytical skills.
• Must have highly developed oral and written communication, interpersonal, problem solving and customer service skills.
• Must have a strong working knowledge of business law, legal aspects of contract administration and RFI/RFP/Contract Management processes.
• Creates an environment where direct reports have the freedom and security to take initiative; deals with complexities with resilience, resourcefulness, and optimism; and appreciates open mindedness, creativity, and agility in thought and tactics.
• Embraces ideas and changes created by all community members.
• Works independently to solve problems; looks for opportunities to take on responsibility; takes thoughtful risks; and effectively acts on new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
• Anticipates and effectively handles change; demonstrates willingness to try new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
May require occasional late evening/weekend work
Additional Experience, Skills & Abilities:
• CPM designation, legal experience and certifications in (ARM, CPCU) may be considered favorably.
Interested candidates should apply via our website https://babson.peopleadmin.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. Babson College is committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion across all levels of the College. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.