Assistant Director of Donor Relations
The Assistant Director of Donor Relations coordinates donor acknowledgement, reporting and recognition programs designed to support donor cultivation and retention. The incumbent will work independently and in collaboration with the Director of Donor Relations and front-line fundraisers to meet the goals of the Division of Development and Alumni Affairs.
Essential Job Functions
• Compose and manage personalized correspondence for mid to upper level donors including gift acknowledgements and other written communications.
• In conjunction with the Associate Director of Donor Relations, craft development related correspondence for the President and other senior staff as deemed appropriate.
• Work with staff in the Office of the President, Development and Alumni Affairs, Senior Staff and Faculty to ensure appropriate treatment of donors in acknowledgements, recognition, and other stewardship efforts.
• Create customized donor stewardship reports by securing information from other offices, organizing data, writing appropriate copy and editing materials.
• Work with the Director of Donor Relations on donor recognition projects such as physical signage, printed/electronic donor lists, and other forms of recognition.
• Respond to inquiries and requests for assistance from development staff in matters related to stewardship functions by providing guidance, information or other support as appropriate.
• Oversee the creation, production and dissemination of printed and electronic communications pieces for events managed by the Donor Relations team.
• Support the efforts of the Donor Relations events staff by assisting with the preparation for and execution of events such as groundbreakings, dedications, and donor recognition occasions as needed.
• Will act in the place of the Associate Director of Donor Relations when absent.
• Complete special projects and other duties as directed.
Requirements: B.A. degree, 2-3 years of experience in writing, development or a higher education environment, or equivalent experience. Outstanding oral and written communication skills with the ability to draft correspondence and documents for executive level officers. Demonstrated ability to apply judgment, discretion, and initiative. Strong customer service skills and the ability to interact effectively with internal and external constituents. Able to set priorities and adjust to peak periods in the workflow, and independently manage responsibilities while working closely and collaboratively with high-level College offices. Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel necessary, and experience with relational databases strongly preferred.
Please submit cover letter, resume and one additional writing sample. To see full job detail, go to: https://jobs.oberlin.edu/