Financial Systems Analyst
Bucknell University is seeking a Financial Systems Analyst to provide day-to-day technical support for various financial information systems a the University. This position will play a key role in system development, upgrades, implementations, reporting and data analysis, and integrations between various university systems to meet ongoing business needs of the Finance Office and the campus community.
The Financial Systems Analyst reports to the Director of Financial Information Systems, and supports the operational needs of the Finance Office team with a deep understanding of the technology environment as it relates to core financial accounting and reporting.
• Provide support and assistance with security, configuration, communications and change management protocols for all Finance related applications, including Workday, Banner Accounts Receivable, TouchNet, Ascend, Cognos, Kainos, CSGold, etc.
• Monitor and maintain financial data dimensions across multiple systems
• Monitor, review and support various financial data integrations including Blackbaud, ADP, Banner Student, banking, credit card, e-commerce, general ledger, etc.
• Coordinate month-end and year-end business processes
• Ensure proper documentation of policies and procedures, record retention related to all financial applications (paper and electronic)
• Coordinate and support testing of financial systems
• Support the objectives of providing timely, accurate and well defined financial data to university constituencies
• Provide report writing expertise within various data sets and reporting tools
• Actively manage the production support processes of the various Finance technology platforms using the Team Dynamics (Tedy) platform
• Act as campus liaison to partner with Information Technology as well as functional areas in support of technology advancement opportunities
• Review, maintain and coordinate the content of the Finance Office and Workday websites
• Actively support a diverse and inclusive workforce
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree, with a minimum of three years of relevant professional experience in Finance and/or IT working with complex information systems
• Demonstrated aptitude in using sophisticated data mining and report writing tools in cloud-based systems
• Experience identifying and driving process improvements
• Familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles as applied in a higher education setting.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise and business needs
• Appreciation for and understanding of a Finance Office's role in a University setting including a focus on service and ability to work within a collaborative team environment
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, set priorities to manage multiple demands, and work independently
• Experience in not-for-profit organizations
This is a full-time, 12 month, benefits eligible position. Learn more about Bucknell at www.bucknell.edu
Bucknell University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities.
Bucknell University is a private, highly selective, unique national University where liberal arts and strong professional programs in engineering, business, education and music complement each other. We seek candidates who are committed to Bucknell's efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we welcome applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Bucknell is a NCAA Division I (FCS) and Patriot League member institution that sponsors 27 varsity athletics programs. Located in Central Pennsylvania along the Susquehanna River, Bucknell is nestled in the Borough of Lewisburg, an architectural gem that has been ranked as one of America's best small towns. The Lewisburg area offers a unique combination of outdoor recreation opportunities, and appealing amenities such as art galleries, an art deco theater, historic museums, and charming independent boutiques and restaurants. In addition to the many cultural and athletic events offered by the University and the Borough, the surrounding region offers outstanding schools, medical facilities, and an affordable cost of living. For those who crave the city, Bucknell is within an easy three-hour drive to Philadelphia, New York, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
Advertised: 15 Dec 2017 Eastern Standard Time