Duties: This position has primary responsibility for providing administrative support to the Gene Therapy Program (GTP) and plays a central and critical role in ensuring the smooth and efficient functioning of the day-to-day administrative functions. This position will support the Director and his staff through a variety of tasks related to organization, communication, and technical support.
This position will:
*Schedule and organize complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for members of the department and maintain multiple calendars; process travel reimbursements. This includes all aspects of meeting scheduling and coordination: room reservation, catering, set up and break down of AV equipment, conference call, web-ex, or other needs.
*Perform desktop publishing. Creates and develops visual process flow documents and ideology maps. Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy. Responsible for compiling and reporting of department metrics.
*Establish, develop, maintain and update filing system for the Directors, Center, the department. Retrieves information from files when needed. Establishes, develops, maintains and updates library of journals and publications.
*Organize and prioritize large volumes of information, tasks, and requests in a very fluid, ever-changing environment. Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary to GTP staff.
*Sort and distribute mail for a team greater than 100. Draft written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Respond to regularly occurring requests for information.
*Answer phones for both ODC and GTP. Take messages or field/answer for all routine and non-routine questions. Greet, announce, and escort all visitors.
*Work in cooperation with other administrative staff to cover phones, scheduling, and meeting preparation. Coordinate division of workload with the administrative coordinator.
*Work independently and within a team on special non-recurring and ongoing projects. Act as project manager for special projects, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, documenting processes and procedures.
*Maintain and order office supplies and computer equipment, keep an inventory of proprietary software and relative agreements. Enter all Purchase Order requests paying close attention to budget assignments.
*Perform additional duties as assigned.
All of the above tasks must be done accurately and prepared in a timely manner. This position requires strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy and accuracy to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Qualifications: Qualified candidate will meet the following requirements:
* The minimum of a High School diploma and 5 years of administrative support or assistant experience in a fast paced environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. College coursework or degree is a plus. Prior experience in Academic environment a plus.
* Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
* Needs Driven: ability to anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of the department and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
* Proven time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
* Ability to meet deadlines, work well under pressure in a team environment
* Attention to detail and problem solving skills
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational and planning skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office skills are a MUST including MS Word, Excel, Project, and Visio, *MS Access a plus
* Experience and a high level of comfort setting up projectors, laptops, and webex presentations
* Positive work ethic
Reference Number: 40-27609
Salary Grade: 025
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: DM-Gene Therapy Program
Job Family: X-Secretarial/Administrative