Vice President for University Advancement
Vice President for University Advancement
Indiana University of Pennsylvania
President Michael Driscoll announces the search for the Vice President for University Advancement (VPUA) at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) and invites nominations and applications for this exceptional opportunity. The next Vice President will be an inspiring and successful fundraising professional who is committed to the University's mission of transforming the lives of students, families, and communities through quality education and who is able to articulate the importance of supporting that mission to individuals, foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
The Vice President for University Advancement, who reports to President Driscoll and serves on his Cabinet, oversees Annual Giving, Alumni Relations, Development, Advancement Services, and Donor Relations. The VPUA also works closely with the Foundation of Indiana University of Pennsylvania. The new Vice President is expected to take office in summer 2018.
The successful candidate for Vice President for University Advancement at IUP will have senior administrative experience and have advised presidents, trustees, and top administrators on major development initiatives from a highly strategic perspective. He or she will have a proven record of relationship-building that has resulted in meaningful funding partnerships. The person selected for this position will also have the skills and desire to build internal relationships that will galvanize the University's resources in support of outreach efforts, in addition to being able to represent the University in a compelling way to civic, business, and philanthropic leaders.
The partnership between the VPUA and the president is particularly important as the University's next comprehensive campaign is currently in the silent phase, with the expectation that the public announcement of a $40M campaign will occur in early- to mid-2018. Over the past three years, annual fundraising totals have ranged between $4.3M and $5.6M.This year's total through mid-November is $3.2M. These figures do not include pledges and gifts to the campaign. The assets under management, owned and managed by the Foundation, have approximately $85M, of which $60M is permanently endowed.
With almost 13,000 undergraduate and graduate students enrolled, IUP's 374-acre main campus is located in Indiana, Penn. The University is fully accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and nationally recognized. IUP's programs includeboth traditional and non-traditional classroom experiences, engage students in research and service activities with faculty mentors, help students become lifelong learners, prepare them for rewarding careers and productive lives, and develop their leadership skills for effective citizenship.
• Bachelor's degree
• Five years of senior-level experience fund raising in higher education
• Experience directing or facilitating successful comprehensive campaigns
• Proven track record of securing major gifts ($1M plus)
• Graduate degree (strongly preferred)
• Ability to lead collaboratively and with integrity
• Experience interfacing/managing other units related to university advancement, including foundation, alumni association, academic units, and communications
• Experience strategically managing large, complex operations and budgets
• Willingness to engage with internal and external constituents, including community and corporate foundations
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to speak well in public settings as well as with small groups and one-on-one
• Proficiency in productivity enhancing technology tools and understanding of technologies appropriate to advancement (e.g., Banner, Raiser's Edge, social media)
• Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a university's executive leadership team.
PROCEDURE FOR NOMINATIONS AND APPLICATIONS
For additional information about the University, this opportunity, and procedures for application and nomination, please visit Academic Search, Inc. The position will remain open until filled, but only applications received by Monday, January 29, 2018 can be assured full consideration.
This search is being assisted by Academic Search, Inc. Nominators and prospective candidates may arrange a confidential discussion about this opportunity with one of the senior consultants. Dr. Wanda Durrett Bigham may be reached at [email protected] or 334-425-6865 and Dr. Jack R. Ohle may be reached at [email protected] or 507-469-5541.
All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon confirmation of work eligibility and satisfactory completion of all pre-employment background checks.
Committed to excellence through diversity, IUP is an equal opportunity employer M/F/H/V and is a proud member of the State System of Higher Education. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.