Accounting Professional IV Auxiliary Services
The Accounting Professional IV of Auxiliary Serives performs mid-level duties in maintaining various accounting records for a dept. or college. Will maintain various accounting records to include but not limited to: journal voucher posting, business systems analysis, interdepartmental and intradepartmental cost analysis/allocations, budget creation, variance analysis, business system data retrieval, input, and analysis, invoicing and recording payments, payables processing, reconciliations of commissions received per contracts, sales report generation and analysis, account reconciliations, and other duties as assigned for Auxiliary business units and assigned by management. Must be a self-starter, work independently with low supervision, and be fully engaged with all ASaP management and staff and KSU Accounting, Finance, and operations departments, as well as other KSU employees and vendors as needed. Position requires driving to multi-campus locations.
Contingent funding: Funding for this position is based on revenue generated funds and therefore continued employment is based on availability of these funds
Summary of job responsibilities:
Administers departmental annual budget and prepares variance analysis against budget
- Inputs financial projections for 5 year budgets
- Inputs line item budgets at the department level
- Creates annual budget vs. actual measurements by account
- Prepares analytical work as needed for analysis on Vendor payments, revenue sources, performs Financial projections
Researching business system for financial data/information.
- Creates queries and runs reports in PeopleSoft, SAS, Blackboard, Sequoia, Pharos
- Formats data using pivot charts and V-lookups between databases
- Creates usable reports for managers to make timely decisions
Cost allocations of Auxiliary business units. Prepares reports for governing bodies and agencies.
- Prepares 5 year submittals for budgets for the Board of Regents
- Remits Mandatory Fee Request forms
- Remits insurance documentation
- Remits analysis of vending data for BOR survey requests
Compiles data to prepare and submit journal entries
- Handles questions regarding accounting data, gives excellent customer service and effectively communicates complicated data into sensible information based on financial knowledge of the audience
Account reconciliations prepares data into managerial reports and explains methodologies condenses complex topics into meaningful information that managers can use to enact policy.
- Reconciles liability accounts / deferred revenue accounts (Meal Plans, Student Declining Balance Accounts)
- Reconciles sales tax liability for external revenue sources
- Reconciles aging receivables accounts for multiple individual business lines.
- Reconciles Prepaid accounts.
Prepares other data, compilations, analysis as needed. Reviews work of peers, foots and cross foots work for accuracy, does other accounting and analysis information as requested. Assists others in work, processes invoices.
- Prepares pay requests, processes invoices, receipts goods and services, processes purchase order requests
- Prepares deposit submittals, makes adjustments for errors in booking revenues/expenses
- Reviews work of peers, reviews consistency in reporting, prepares ad hoc assignments and analysis as requested
- Leads special projects and prepares corresponding reports
Prepares documentation of processes and updates as processes evolve. Retains documentation of accounting information.
- Maintains process templates for current work processes.
- Creates new processes through planning and new project direction.
- Ensures processes are followed, raises concerns for improvements to existing and evolving processes to ensure adequate control environment.
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check and MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) as a condition of employment. See http://hr.kennesaw.edu/managers/docs/Credit_check_criteria.pdf and http://www.usg.edu/hr/manual/motor_vehicle_use for policy guidelines.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Required: Bachelor's degree and 4+ years bookkeeping or accounting experience.
- Among required years of experience the department prefers 2-3 of those years to be experience related to accounting
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Power Point, report writing, and financial systems
- Must be self-starter, work independently with low supervision
- Must have strong analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate with a variety of levels of internal and external customers