PENN MEDICINE CLINICIAN
Duties: The ID physician serving as Director of the Antibiotic Stewardship Program (ASP) will have the following responsibilities:
- Daily oversight of the ASP and the ID Pharmacist(s)
- Development and updating of policies, procedures, and guidelines around antibiotic use
- Development and updating of order sets for antibiotics used including surgical prophylaxis
-Oversight of the antibiotic formulary and formulary restrictions
- Development, implementation, and documentation of all improvement strategies around antibiotic use
- Communication across the organization about the ASP, its work, data, and improvements
- Coordinating efforts during antibiotic shortages
- Assessment of drug utilization evaluations for specific targeted antibiotics
- Lead regular ASP team meetings; communicate meeting work to ID Division and Infection Control Committee (ICC)
- Collaborate regularly with the Hospital Epidemiologist/Director of Infection Prevention & Control on efforts to reduce Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) and infections due to multidrug-resistant organisms (MDROs) and other emerging pathogens
- Serve as the CCH lead on health system-wide antimicrobial stewardship efforts.
Qualifications: Highly advanced professional discipline. M.D. or equivalent doctoral degree and over 3 years of experience required.
License to practice medicine without restriction or limitation in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. DEA licensure. Board Certified or eligible for certification.
Reference Number: 40-27582
Salary Grade: MED
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: DM-Infectious Diseases
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: J-Technical/Professional Medicine/Health