The Board of Trustees of Hagerstown Community College (HCC) invites nominations and applications for the position of President. HCC has a history of innovation and growth. HCC’s next president will serve as the fourth president in the College’s 71-year history. HCC’s next president will value the College’s strong and rich history, work collaboratively with all constituents, internally and externally, and respect HCC’s critical role in providing high-quality academic, technical, and workforce development opportunities throughout all of Washington County and the region.
ABOUT HAGERSTOWN COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- HCC was founded in 1946 as Maryland’s first community college. The 319-acre picturesque campus in western Maryland encompasses 18 state-of-the-art buildings.
- HCC is a well-respected and thriving comprehensive community college with approximately 6,000 credit and 7,000 non-credit students each year. HCC offers associate degrees, certificates, and letters of recognition in more than 100 programs.
- HCC has received numerous statewide and national recognitions. Most recently, HCC received the 2017 entrepreneurial college of the year award from the National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship.
- Earned doctorate from a regionally accredited institution.
- Senior-level higher education administrative experience.
- Higher education teaching experience.
- Experience engaging with the private sector.
Nominations and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The target date for applications is January 17, 2018.
For additional information, nominations or confidential inquiries, contact:
· Narcisa Polonio, Ed.D., ACCT, Executive Vice President for Education, Research and Board Leadership Services, firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-276-1983 (mobile).
· Julie Golder, J.D., Board Services Coordinator, email@example.com, 202-775-4466 (office) or 202- 384-5816 (mobile)