Web Developer (Digital)
Web Developer (Digital)
Requisition Number: STFR004234
Division/College: Information Technology Services
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
The division of Information Technology Services is currently seeking a talented individual to fill the role of Web Developer.
The Web Developer will be responsible for designing, coding and modifying the university's websites, from layout to function. Candidates must be confident in their ability to design and develop responsive websites from the ground up using today's modern technologies and following industry best practices. The Web Developer must be a strong communicator who excels at collaborating with team members and conveying technical concepts to other developers, stakeholders, and management teams. The Web Developer must be willing to work in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies, meeting delivery milestones and quality expectations.
To ensure that essential services are provided to the university community, the employee will be required to work outside their regular working hours as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Math, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field is preferred, but not required.
- 3-5 years of experience in designing and developing responsive design websites
- Experience of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, SVN
- Basic understanding of PHP back-end development
- Experience working with content management systems such as WordPress or Drupal is a big plus
A criminal background check is required for this position.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: [email protected]
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.