Assistant to Student Life
Clerical Support to Student Government Association:
- Prepares all materials for weekly meetings: agendas, attendance, supplemental documents
- Takes minutes at weekly SGA meetings and posts them online for public viewing
- Takes minutes for Budget Committee and Executive Board meetings
- Liaison between clubs and the Charters & By-Laws Committee, maintains files of all club constitutions, past and present
- Works closely with SGA President Pro-Tempore to ensure that clubs fulfill the duties required to keep their budgets from being frozen
- Keeps files of Student Court proceedings
- Tracks changes to club executive boards, advisors and meeting times/locations
- Assists with most SGA-sponsored events
- Works closely with students to plan and execute events and activities
- Creates and maintains student activity budgets for 30+ clubs in Excel and Quickbooks
- Counts clubs' fundraising income and maintains fundraising accounts for 30+ clubs
- Tracks the Students for Students Emergency Fund
- Submits club allocation/re-allocation requests for administrative approval and updates club budgets following approval
- Processes all spending requests and payments for club, general office and Campus Activities Board and Residence Life programmatic expenses
- Keeps track of weekly income from the sale of discount tickets
- Responsible for weekly bank deposits of ticket income, fundraising income, as well as student activity fees
- Makes available all files and reports requested by tax auditors
- Act as point person for all club budget and RA programing budget inquiries.
- Work with the SGA Treasurer to maintain club budgets.
- Works with the Director of Student Life to maintain Residence Life budgets
- Maintains all budget records for access by Student Activities and Residence Life Staff.
Administrative Assistant Duties:
- Assists the office manager with general clerical duties
- Assists customers for the sale of discount tickets
- Maintains the social media pages for SGA, SA and Residence Life
- Publicity of events, trips and tickets
- Aids clubs and the SGA Awareness Committee in publicizing activities and events
- Aids the Residence Hall Council in planning and publicizing Residence Life events
- Proofreading/editing all promotional materials
- Assists with the departmental events such as Commencement, Convocation, Orientation and opening and closing tasks for the residence hall.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree from an accredited institution of higher education, preferably in accounting or bookkeeping or two years of bookkeeping experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a position which required demonstration of administrative and organizational skills. Related college course work/degree may be considered in lieu of some of the experience requirement.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully use a variety of computer software applications, including but not limited to bookkeeping software such as Quick Books, and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully coordinate large projects.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully handle multiple demands efficiently.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Higher education work experience.
- Supervisory experience.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter and updated Resume / CV.
To apply, go to www.sunydutchess.edu/employment
Dutchess Community College is committed to the principle of diversity and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, the disabled and all others (AA/EOE).