Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09208
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Varies
Position Status: Full-time Faculty, 1.0 FTE, Exempt
Starting Salary Range: 2017-2018 salary range - $52,020/yr to $90,205/yr. Initial Salary Placement up to Step 3 ($55,728) will be based on related experience, per PCC's collective bargaining agreement.
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
Are you ready to play a pivotal role in strengthening the nursing workforce? Consider combining your clinical expertise and your passion for helping others into a career in teaching at Portland Community College!
We are looking for outstanding candidates for Nursing faculty positions starting Fall Term 2018, located on PCC's Sylvania Campus.
Portland Community College's mission is to advance the region's long-term vitality by delivering accessible, quality education to support the academic, professional, and personal development of the diverse students and communities we serve. To that end, we value
- Providing Outstanding Affordable Education
- Driving Student Success
- Creating a Nationally Renowned Culture for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Transforming the Community Through Opportunity
- Igniting a Culture of Innovation
- Achieving Sustainable Excellence in All Operations
Does this sounds like a community you would like to be a part of?
Portland Community College achieves educational excellence by being accountable and committed to achieving diversity. Through leadership, staff, student body, educational programs and business opportunities that serve the community, it acts as a model for others to follow.
- As an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
PCC Faculty Responsibilities/Duties:
- Instruct students using approved course outcome guides developed by college-wide subject area Faculty; assess student performance in these courses.
- Instruct students in the classroom, clinical and skills lab settings
- Attend and participate in college-wide, campus/center division, department, and program meetings and activities.
- Serve on Subject Area Curriculum Committees and/or such other College committees as may be assigned.
- Assist in the recruitment of students.
- Provide registration, advising, and guidance assistance to students.
- Provide professional assistance to staff and students.
- Provide information and assistance on College operations as may be requested.
- Compile and/or research data as may be assigned.
- Provide services to students in a manner which does not discriminate as to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual preference or marital status.
- Remain current in the field through a variety of professional development activities.
- Maintain College safety standards in their work areas; ensure that students are trained in good safety practices; and make reasonable efforts to ensure that students follow good safety practices.
- Comply with published College Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other related duties as provided in Faculty Agreement.
The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
- Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
In the online application's Education/Employment History sections, include jobs, duties, and dates that display these qualifications.
Full time Faculty must be credentialed with
- Master's degree in nursing and maintain expertise in their areas of responsibility, and
- At least three years of nursing experience, and
- Hold a current unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse in Oregon
Notes to Applicant
- All offers of employment for Nursing Instructors are conditional upon successful passing of criminal background and drug screening, and documentation of current immunizations as required in the clinical setting.
- Instructors shall have earned required academic credentials at a regionally accredited institution.
Please be prepared to attach a document listing how you meet the following Special/Preferred Qualifications for the position:
1. Three years or more of teaching experience in a pre-licensure RN program.
2. Experience teaching an outcome-based curriculum.
3. Five or more years of recent medical-surgical, Pediatrics and/or Obstetrics clinical experience.
4. Experience working in a team environment.
When you apply, Please be prepared to attach a document with your responses to the following Required Questions:
1. Describe how your educational preparation and experiences have prepared you to teach nursing in the PCC Nursing Program?
2. Describe your experience working and/or teaching in a multicultural environment similar to PCC's diverse community.
3. Describe how you would assess student learning in the classroom and clinical setting?
4. PCC Nursing faculty teach in all areas of the program. Clinical teaching in PCC's Nursing Program occurs in acute care, long term care, community based settings in Oregon and SW Washington. Based on your experience in clinical teaching describe how you approach being prepared to teach in a new setting with students.
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position you must:
1) Complete the online application
- Be sure to include complete employment history
2) Attach* Cover Letter
- In 1-2 pages, state specifically how you meet each of the qualifications for the position (minimum and preferred qualifications).
3) Attach* Current Resume/Vita
4) Attach* Unofficial Transcripts for each of your degrees (Includes current PCC employees). Transcripts need to include the Title of the degree earned and the Date that the degree was conferred and the Name of the Institution.
5) Attach* responses to the required (4) essay questions. (Scroll down to view the required questions)
- All transcripts from institutions outside of the U.S. are required to include an evaluation by a U.S. credential evaluation agency (copy and paste the link http://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/faculty-information.html into another browser window for specific instructions).
- Applicants Anticipating Degree Completion by September 1, 2018 must supply a letter from his/her university stating the degree title and that the degree will be granted by that date.
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Application Review Process:
1) An initial screening will be conducted as applications are received.
2) Upon hire the selected candidate will be required to supply OFFICIAL copies of transcripts for all degrees earned.
3) Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options; including Health, Dental and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance, Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
- 1 day of sick leave for every 18 days worked (~10 days/year)
- 21 hours of additional personal leave per year
- 4 paid holidays (which occur during the term you are teaching)
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age; plus tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
For a complete list of PCC benefits, please visit http://www.pcc.edu/hr/benefits
Additional Posting Information:
- This is a full time (1.0 FTE) 1 year temporary faculty position commencing September 2018. Hours of work may include evening or weekend teaching assignments. Opening Subject To Budget Considerations And Approval.
More information is available at: http://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/faculty-information.html
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Faculty Federation Employees. Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.