Administrative Operations Manager
Administrative Operations Manager
Requisition Number: STFR004227
Division/College: Information Technology Services
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
The Administrative Operations Mgr will be responsible for planning, implementing, and coordinating local human resources, facilities, and general administration functions for Northeastern University's Information Technology Services (ITS) division. The Administrative Operations Mgr works in close collaboration with the University's Human Resources Management office and will provide division level leadership in the following areas: human resource operations, facilities management, and administrative support.
The Administrative Operations Mgr will:
- Support the Director of Finance and Administration, CIO, and departmental leadership and management on all personnel matters for ITS under the governance of HRM division.
- The Administrative Operations Mgr's focus is to lead process improvement initiatives and prepare/process or review a variety of personnel related matters for 350 staff and part-time workers.
- Act as division representative for ITS at HRM meetings and University committees related to personnel issues. Work closely with HRM to ensure that the University's policies are implemented consistently and in accordance with federal and state laws.
- Partner closely with University Human Resources Management team on a variety of HR related topics including performance management, annual salary planning process, and triage of incoming inquiries and directing employees/candidates to the correct office for resolution.
- Responsible for ensuring all human resources operational activities are completed within a timely manner.
- Manage and maintain local personnel records compile data and prepare a variety of divisional reports i.e., position management, leave of absence, paid time off and historical trends. Maintain employee database oversee divisions hiring process, position management, and training.
- Assist managers in the review and analysis of employee issues and recommend appropriate action; oversee documentation of personnel issues as needed.
- Work with area directors and managers to develop job descriptions to accurately reflect current and changing work responsibilities.
- Work with Technical Recruiter in developing a highly impactful and effective recruiting process and oversee the hiring process, posting job openings via HR systems and monitor applicant pool.
- Think strategically with a comprehensive approach to managing people and the workplace culture and environment.
- The Administrative Operations Mgr must be adaptable, resilient, with the ability to manage multiple and rapidly changing priorities while remaining focused on customer centered service.
- Develop goal setting process aligned with institutional strategic goals, and policy making within the division, always adhering to University policy.
- Advise and support managers with department level goal setting, performance review process, organizational development, training, conflict resolution, and emerging trends in organization change.
- Focus on the development/design of positions reward recognition employee development training career and succession planning.
- Develop personnel and operational data reports to assist in evaluating processes to ensure efficiencies.
- Plan and promote creative ways to increase the morale and improve productivity.
- Create written and oral communications relating to administrative matters.
- Lead new hire onboarding process and ensure clear roles and responsibilities around admin team responsibilities vs. area responsibilities.
- Manage off-boarding and separation process.
- Maintain divisions organizational charts.
- Supervise and manage part time student hire process, coops, and temporary non student hires.
- Manage moves, coordinate design and planning at local level for facilities based improvements or new builds outs.
- Ensure administrative processes have clear SLAs and work efficiently.
- Oversee plans, seating, and general space and facilities work orders.
- Support ITS Event Planning Committee to execute employee recognition events
The Administrative Operations Mgr will manage 3 administrative assistant staff members and report to the Director of Finance and Administration.
- A bachelor’s degree is required for the position. An advanced degree in business, operations, or human resources is desirable, plus 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Proven track record of establishing effective systems to improve collaboration, accountability, and innovation.
- Must possess ability to exercise good judgment, sensitivity, problem solving and creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Strong oral and written communication, with solid analytical skills and effective decision making is essential.
- Organizational and leadership skills are critical to success in this position.
- Must possess ability to follow through, develop consensus, and communicate closure around diverse issues.
- Must possess ability to communicate sensitive information effectively and initiative to recognize and elevate issues that need immediate attention to the appropriate person.
- Confidentiality is paramount.
A criminal background check is required for this position.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.