SR ASSOC DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT, MORRIS ARBORETUM
Duties: The Senior Associate Director of Development reports to the Director of Development and is responsible for Individual Giving Efforts, including Major Gifts as well as the Annual Fund and Membership programs. This position ensures that the Arboretum maintains a strategic approach toward moving its donors and prospects up through all levels of the individual donor pyramid. The position directly supervises two full-time staff members and indirectly supervises an additional full time staff member and a part-time staff member. This position has significant external contact with Arboretum members and donors. It is imperative that this position also develop and maintain strong relationships across departments at the Arboretum, particularly in Education and Visitor Experience, Finance, Marketing, and the Director's Office. This position manages the identification, cultivation and solicitation for assigned prospects, many with a giving ability of $100,000 and above. Incumbent is responsible for building and managing relationships that result in major gifts.
* Manage a portfolio of approximately 160 prospects and maintain an active schedule of solicitations with assigned prospects; must have understanding of prospect and volunteer management.
* Establish and meet mutually agreed upon annual goals for dollars raised and visits made to major gift donors and prospects.
* Develop strategy and conduct cultivation and stewardship visits to prospects, most with giving ability of $100,000 or more.
* Coordinate cultivation events and programs hosted by assigned prospects when appropriate.
* Oversee the management of the Arboretum's Directors Guild, a select group of donors and major gift prospects.
* Support the efforts of a network of Arboretum fundraising volunteers in cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gift prospects.
* Identify new prospective major gifts donors and develop long range plans for their involvement with the Morris Arboretum.
* Responsible for assuring that pertinent information and contacts for assigned prospects are properly recorded in institutional database.
* Collaborate with other fundraisers in the department and across the University in the overall relationship building of prospects with the Arboretum
* Manage the Assistant Director, Annual Giving, establish their annual performance goals, and provide direction and guidance in their efforts to develop and execute strategies and materials for the annual fund.
* Manage the efforts of the Manager, Membership and Development Data Systems, establish their annual performance goals, and support and guide them in their efforts to reach membership goals.
* Oversee Development data systems needs and provide support and resources as needed for accurate accounting of contributions across three data systems (Raiser's Edge, Atlas, and the CRM system)
* Delegate responsibilities for the preparation of financial and benchmarking reports, fundraising and membership data analysis reports and other relevant reports for distribution across multiple departments for multiple purposes
* In consultation with the Director of Development, conduct staff meetings, prepare reports, and resolve departmental issues during periods of time in which the Development Director is offsite and/or unavailable
Qualifications: BA/BS required; 5-7 years of fundraising experience; membership and/or annual giving experience required; excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are essential; ability to interact effectively with donors, members, volunteers and staff; ability to work independently while functioning as part of a team; attention to detail; ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously; proficiency using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, significant experience using Raiser's Edge required, knowledge of ATLAS a plus. This position will require some work on weekends and evenings and may require some domestic travel. Valid driver's license required.
Reference Number: 90-27508
Salary Grade: 028
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: School/Center Development
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: B-Executive/Managerial Administration