Adjunct Instructor - Psychology
Job Summary/Basic Function
Maryville University's psychology program is seeking adjunct instructors for the for the Spring 2018 semester. Specifically we are looking for an individuals with experience to teach the following courses:
• Introduction to Sociology on Monday and Wednesday from 2:00-3:15;
• Social Aspects of the Aged from Tuesday and Thursday 9:30-10:45
• Human Cognition on Tuesday and Thursday from 8:00-9:15;
• Research Methods on Tuesday and Thursday from 12:30-1:45;
• Statistics on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:00-3:15; or on Wednesday night from 6:00-8:50; or online.
o The course covers descriptive and inferential statistics through ANOVA and regression. Knowledge of SPSS is also required.
Applicants must have earned a Master's degree in psychology, sociology, or related field and have experience teaching at the undergraduate university level.
Experience matching the format (online or face to face) of the course is expected.
A Ph.D. in psychology or related field is preferred.
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.