Student Conduct Database Administrator and Data Analyst
Posting Number C1022P
Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/24180
Working Title Student Conduct Database Administrator and Data Analyst
Position Number 11758
Department Community Standards and Student Ethics
About the University
Founded in 1871 as a land grant institution, the University of Arkansas is classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the top two percent of universities in the nation with the highest level of research activity. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 27,100 students with more than 200 academic programs. University of Arkansas students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent 50 states and more than 120 countries.
Located in the stunning Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville is home to the University of Arkansas campus, known for its spectacular views and ample green spaces. Fayetteville is considered one of the country's finest college towns, and the surrounding northwest Arkansas region is regularly ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S. Some of the nation's best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are within a short drive of campus.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.
About the College/Department
The Office of Student Standards and Conduct is committed to promoting a safe, healthy, and inclusive community where students can pursue their academic endeavors and grow into productive global citizens. This is accomplished through the investigation, adjudication, and sanctioning as it relates to the behavioral standards as outlined in the Code of Student Life.
The goals of the student conduct process are to:
- Provide students with an equitable, educational, and consistent student conduct process
- To educate students about their rights and responsibilities as members of the University of Arkansas Community
- Provide sanction opportunities that support the education and development of students that embrace the norms and values of the University of Arkansas
- Promote personal responsibility and peer accountability
- Intervene when student behavior causes a disruption to university community, or jeopardizes the health, safety, and welfare of any member of the university community
- Support and empower students in conflict resolution
Department Home Page https://ethics.uark.edu
Job Type Staff
Summary of Job Duties
The position of Student Conduct Data Analyst reports directly to the Director of Student Conduct and performs the following functions: serving as the primary database administrator for the Student Conduct Database; fulfilling related data needs and requests by approved requestors by interpreting request specifications and creating appropriate data sets, reports, and presentations; supports the Office of Student Conduct by managing the Student Conduct databases and automated reporting systems; recommends, uses, and supports various query tools for accessing data primarily in the Advocate Database that are required to help support the Office of Student Standards and Conduct. This position provides support with data entry and ensures the ongoing maintenance of the database for appropriate record retention.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- The formal education equivalent of a bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field
- Completion of technical training in computer science, information technology, or a related field acquired from a vocational, military, or industrial setting
- At least two years of experience in computer support
Applicable equivalencies may be considered.
Does this job require any license(s)/certification(s)? No
If yes, please specify
- Experience managing databases
- Experience with data entry
- Experience in creating data sets, reports, and presentations on data for university administrators
- Experience creating interactive reports and presentation using Microsoft Powerpoint
- Advanced user in Microsoft Office with specific expertise in utilizing Excel to analyze and interpret data
- Experience with UAConnect
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Ability to customize, modify, and create forms and letters
- Ability to conduct data analysis and work with data sets
- Ability to extract data and create reports accurately
- Ability to conduct data entry with accuracy
Physical activities associated with this position
The following physical activities are associated with the position and will be performed with or without an accommodation. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
- Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
Physical Conditions None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Work Schedule Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Overtime Eligible No
Is this position weather/event essential? If yes, the employee in this position will report to work at the scheduled time when the University is closed due to inclement conditions. No
Work Location/Building Fayetteville Campus - Pomfret Hall
Benefits Eligible Yes
Appointment Percent 100
Pay Grade Level C115
Does this Position require a Motor Vehicle Reports Check? No
Does this position require a background check? Yes
If yes, please specify
- Criminal background check
- Sex offender registry check
Does this position require a substance abuse test? No
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
The University of Arkansas is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Posting Detail Information
Future Open Date
Close Date 01/02/2018
Open Until Filled No
Anticipated Start Date
Anticipated End Date (for temporary appointments)
Recruitment Contact Information
Rachel Eikenberry, Ed.D.
Office of Student Standards and Conduct
Pomfret Hall B 110
Fayetteville AR, 72702
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A's employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Special Instructions Summary
Hiring Location 222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Internal Posting No
City, St. Fayetteville, AR
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- List of Professional References
- Proof of Veterans Status