Duties: The Center for Neuroengineering and Therapeutics (CNT) works to develop and test new devices that can restore brain and nervous system function after it has been lost to disease or disability. The Administrative Coordinator will provide independent administrative support for the Director and faculty of the CNT and will also engage with faculty, staff, and students. This position assures smooth operation of day-to-day business and administrative needs for the CHT.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
1. Support will include but will not be limited to: management of the Director's academic calendar, coordination of meetings, seminars, and conferences for the CNT, all of which require interaction with individuals from all levels of the University
2. Manage and prepare correspondence for the Director via email, telephone, and other professional communication. Must be done effectively and professionally, while independently prioritizing and assessing appropriateness of requests for calls, meetings, and travel commitments
3. Work with grants administration in the business office to assist with grant proposals, progress reports, and communication with collaborating research sites. Maintain up-to-date grant documents such as CVs, Bio sketches, Other Support pages, and other information for grant submissions
4. Manage ordering research supplies, lab supplies, and software licensees using BEN Financials, ProCard, and other systems. Ensure expenditures are accurate, appropriately documented and complete
5. Use conventional spreadsheets and database programs to maintain databases on CNT activities and T32 trainees and faculty
6. Facilitate and assist with travel planning, guest itineraries, and reimbursement for the Litt Lab, CNT members, and T32 Trainees
7. Maintain and edit Lab and CNT websites, email list serves, and public relations information
8. Oversee the hiring and onboarding of summer students, visitors, etc
9. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications: The minimum of a High School diploma and 5 years of administrative and/or professional experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, are required. College degree or coursework is preferred. Must be able to work independently with limited supervision, multi-task, prioritize, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be highly organized and possess effective problem solving abilities and be detail oriented.
Must be proficient in MS Office Applications (Work, Excel, Powerpoint), and be willing to learn new technologies if not already familiar (i.e., REDCap, Keynote, website management, etc.). Interviewees will be asked for writing and technical samples.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Reference Number: 40-27486
Salary Grade: 025
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Job Family: X-Secretarial/Administrative