Coordinator, Interprofessional Education Training, (F683)
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Coordinator, Interprofessional Education (IPE) Training (Half-time, non-renewable)
Position Tracking Number: F683
School/College: School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences
Department: Social Work
Location: Inland Empire Regional Campus and Azusa Campus
Description: The Social Work Interprofessional Education Training Coordinator will report to the MSW Program Director, in consultation with the Social Work Department Chair and Grant Project Director.
Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) BHWET grant was awarded to the APU School of Nursing, in partnership with the Department of Social Work, MSW Program, to develop interprofessional training, expand co-located primary care and behavioral health clinical field placement sites, and strengthen the delivery of interprofessional education and training by primary care and behavioral health agencies that train graduate nursing and social work students.
Position contingent on continued funding of the HRSA BHWET grant. Funding has been awarded for four years.
- Develop, disseminate, and track interprofessional education (IPE) training modules students, clinical faculty, field supervisors, and preceptors.
- Coordinate and implement social work aspects of the Behavioral Health Workforce Education and Training (BHWET) grant program, including social work integration in long-term co-located primary care and behavioral health clinical placement sites.
- Maintain strong working relationships with clinical placement facility personnel and develop additional long-term interprofessional clinical placement sites.
- Collaborate with the following SON faculty and staff: SON BHWET Student Placement Coordinator, MSN Clinical Placement Coordinator, and PMHNP Director.
- Serve as an active member of the BHWET Grant Advisory Council.
- Assist with grant-related data collection and report preparation.
- May be needed to work at alternative Regional Campuses or Sites.
Level: Clinical Faculty, Assistant Professor
Qualifications: Master's degree in Social Work from an accredited social work program, two-years post MSW practice experience, with minimum three years behavioral health experience in an interprofessional setting, and two years of experience as an agency field instructor/supervisor. Ideal candidate will demonstrate the following strengths and characteristics: strong organization skills, work well in teams, and possess exceptional interpersonal skills. Administrative or program development experience strongly desired. An LCSW, experience in primary care, behavioral health and integrated health, as well as presentation/workshop training/teaching experience strongly preferred.
Experience: Strong teaching skills, experience in the areas of primary care, behavioral health and integrated health, supervision, and program development.
Workload: Twelve month, half-time contract, non-renewable.
Hire Date: Open until filled.
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Ability to collaborate with other faculty and staff and maintain collegial relations.
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Candidates must align with Azusa Pacific University's Christian identity. Faculty members are expected to sign a Statement of Faith (available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe), to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook, and to integrate the Christian faith in teaching and scholarship.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.