Digital Learning Designer
Digital Learning Designer
Harvard Kennedy School
Duties & Responsibilities
Harvard Kennedy School is launching a new online program initiative that will offer online courses for mid-career professionals. This program will expand the reach of HKS knowledge, ideas, skills, and practices into the world and enable working professionals to become better equipped to advance the public good as leaders. As part of this work, we are looking for a creative, solutions-oriented team player to fill the role of Digital Learning Designer.
The Digital Learning Designer will be part of a matrix team in the academic dean's office consisting of designers and technologists who work closely with faculty and other HKS administrators and staff. This team's primary focus is on designing, developing, and delivering a series of online courses and an online capstone experience.
This position is fully benefits eligible term appointment for two years.
- Work closely with faculty, teaching teams, fellow learning designers, technologists, producers, outsourcers, and project manager to design new online courses for adult learners in the policy, leadership, and public administration domain.
- Design and develop learning objectives and learning content, including outlines and scripts for text pages and multimedia (e.g., video, animation).
- Ensure quality of produced content and the alignment of course activities and assessments with learning objectives.
- Define and manage cycles for prototypes and iterations of online courses.
- Monitor and communicate with project manager about goals, schedules, and deliverables.
- Collaborate with teaching teams to identify, design, and develop learning assessments (e.g., quizzes with feedback, writing and discussion assignments).
- Collaborate with media producers to develop work plans, schedules, and content requirements for production of multimedia.
- Collaborate with teaching and design teams to develop courses.
- Participate in and when appropriate lead team meetings.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of three years related professional experience
- Degree in instructional design, education, or a related field (special focus in technology and education preferred).
- Experience working with faculty in a college/university setting.
- Experience and interest in teaching and adult learning.
- Prior experience with blended, online, and/ or massive open online course (MOOC) learning knowledge and experience.
- Proven understanding of tools for teaching, including emerging technologies and online learning tools. Specific experience with Canvas LMS, LTI tools, learning data, and analytics is a plus.
- Comfortable using productivity software and project management tools.
- Ability to work with limited supervision in a fast-paced, ever-changing team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills, and project management skills.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Harvard University requires pre-employment reference and background checks.
Harvard University is committed to supporting a healthy, sustainable learning and working environment.
This position is a fully benefits-eligible term appointment ending two years from the date of hire with the possibility of renewal.
USA - MA - Cambridge
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.