Residence Life Associate
Position Title: Residence Life Associate
Associate's degree in appropriate field and experience working with Microsoft Office products required. Bachelor's degree and experience in higher education preferred.
Duties:The Residence Life Associate provides specialized technical assistance to administrative staff in the Student & Residence Life Offices. Serves as the primary point of contact for prospective students in the Residence Life Office and is responsible for leading students through the multi-faceted College and Residence Hall enrollment processes. Associate is empowered to act on behalf of the student with College offices. Manages a multitude of other processes to ensure both current and new student compliance with college and housing requirements.
- Implements all housing enrollment processes;
- Assesses applications and accepts or denies applicants in accordance eligibility criteria;
- Advises students in completing processes;
- Utilizes Banner, Argos, housing software, and other programs to create and analyze housing data. Manages housing software database;
- Advises students with, and remains current in FAFSA, loan & TAP application processes as well as student portals including SIRS, BlackBoard, etc.;
- Directs students to appropriate College staff for issues that require additional assistance. Follows up on same until resolved;
- Coordinates and orients member(s) of Student Outreach programs;
- Provides timely responses to housing inquires made in person, via telephone or electronically;
- Supervises student employees;
- Collaborates and implements student recruitment initiatives;
- Collaborates with other offices in the implementation of room and board payment collections;
- Provides accurate information by telephone or in person regarding all Student & Residence Life processes;
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean for Student & Residence Life
Special Instructions to Applicants:
MVCC does not discriminate. MVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MVCC offers a comprehensive employee enrichment program.
Review Start Date: 12/27/2017
Review of applications will begin on the review start date and will continue until successful candidates have been identified.