ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, PENN LIBRARIES
Duties: The Penn Libraries serves the world-class faculty and students of Penn's 12 schools. The Libraries' collections comprise more than 7 million volumes, over 100,000 journals, some 2 million digitized images, and extraordinary rare and unique materials that document the intellectual and cultural experience of ancient and modern civilizations. Through our collaborative relationships, we supplement Penn's great local collections with physical access to the Center for Research Libraries (approximately 5 million items), the combined holdings of the Ivies (more than 70 million volumes), and exclusive electronic access to some 2 million public domain titles in the HathiTrust. Today, the Libraries plays an instrumental role in developing new technologies for information discovery and dissemination and are noted for groundbreaking work in digital library design. To learn more about the Penn Libraries, visit http://www.library.upenn.edu.
Position responsible for handling all administrative duties for Director of Advancement for Penn Libraries; manage calendar; manage event data and lists; develop and implement office procedures, compose correspondence, handle and manipulate constituent data, maintain records and files and confidential materials; type acknowledgements and correspondence, coordinate and schedule meetings and activities for other Development meeting and events; act as a point of contact for Penn Libraries Advancement Team maintain budget, ordering, inventory, etc.
Administrative Support - 70%
* Manage the calendar and scheduling needs of the Director of Advancement.
* Assist the Advancement Director in tracking actions and follow-up with donors and alumni.
* Provide ongoing assistance to the Senior Associate Director and Associate Director by scheduling appointments, maintaining calendars, coordinating and prioritizing activities.
* Book travel on behalf of, and process reimbursements/expense management for the Advancement Team.
* Prepare acknowledgement letters, process gifts, and assist in preparing Gift Agreements for the Advancement Team.
* Receiving incoming calls, responding to questions, directing calls and taking messages
* Processing gifts daily and prepare gift agreements as needed
* Helping to schedule visits to the Penn Libraries for key stakeholders, visiting donors, and those with relationships to the Penn Libraries.
* Attend and record and distribute minutes for the Board of Overseers, and other meetings as required.
* Greeting and assisting students, faculty, alumni, and friends
* Act as a point person and ambassador for the Advancement Team to all functions within Central Development and Alumni Relations at Penn.
Event Planning - 20%
* Assist in arranging board meetings and other events, and prepare and distribute advance materials such as board packets. (includes specialty events and alumni weekend).
* Manage RSVP lists and follow-up with attendees as required.
* Participating in planning and implementation of all Penn Libraries events and activities as required.
* Act as a point-person for the Advancement Team relating to events, meetings and other activities.
Other - 10%
* Liaising with DARMAX (Central Development Communications) and all other service centers such as Planned Giving and CFR, helping the Advancement Team to meet deadlines and collaborate.
* Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: High School Diploma. Bachelor's degree strongly preferred. Three to five years experience, preferably in an academic environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience in administrative support preferred. Experience-based, positive, problem-solving, 'customer service' attitude; excellent interpersonal, organizational, and oral and written communication skills are essential. Strong PC skills in all aspects of Microsoft Office and database programs are required, as well as experience in working with social media networks. Ability to occasionally lift 25 lbs or less. Ability to staff occasional evening/weekend events as needed.
Reference Number: 90-27462
Salary Grade: 024
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: School/Center Development
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: X-Secretarial/Administrative