Adjunct Applied Arts Digital
Adjunct Applied Arts Digital
Community College of Allegheny County
The primary responsibilities of the faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. To meet these responsibilities, faculty must remain knowledgeable about advances in their disciplines, in learning theory, and in pedagogy. Faculty portfolios will include contributions and program development and show evidence of ongoing professional development.
Work location and additional information:
Campus: College Wide
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
Master's degree preferred in art or related field. Bachelor of Fine Arts minimum. Minimum of three (3) years Industry Experience required and considered as academic qualifications per the AFT-CBA section § XII -IA2. Full-time Experience Other Than Education §. Adobe© Software and Educator preferred. Adobe© software competency to be assessed at the time of interview.
The qualifications listed above are per the following courses:
ART113 Graphic Communications
ART144 Digital Photography
ART150 Introduction to Digital Graphic Design
ART165 Digital Publishing
ART168 Digital Imaging
ART170 Web Design
ART177 Applied Digital Photography
ART250 Advanced Digital Graphic Design
ART255 Industrial Design
Applicants for teaching assignments are expected to have strong communication skills. Applicants are expected to have post-secondary teaching experiences; work experiences in the discipline to be taught; and knowledge of industry-related software and systems, including industry certifications, where appropriate. Degrees must be from an accredited institution.
1. The primary responsibilities of faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. Prepare and provide students with course outlines that support learning objectives set forth in the course syllabus. Develop and measure learning outcomes. Assess student performance and maintain grade records.
2. Create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods.
3. Collaborate in the development and continued assessment of learning outcomes for use in program reviews and curriculum revision.
4. Work with other program and/or discipline faculty to complete scheduled program reviews and to use the findings to revise the curriculum.
5. Participate in appropriate professional development activities to assure currency in both discipline, knowledge and instructional methods.
6. Participate in department/discipline, division, campus, and college meetings and committees.
7. Participate in college projects, surveys, studies, and reports that relate to the discipline or program.
8. Collaborate in the development of program and/or discipline promotional materials.
9. Maintain five office hours each week.
10. Support the college's goals.
11. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Job Category: Adjunct Faculty
Job Type: Adjunct
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
All applicants must apply online at: http://www.ccacjobs.com. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.