Literacy Studies (Assistant Professor) - College of Education
- Earned doctorate by August 31, 2018 in Curriculum & Instruction, Literacy, English Education, Language, Literacy & Culture, or a closely related field
- Record of successful elementary/early literacy teaching, with reading specialist certification preferred
- Knowledge of teacher education, social/critical theory, and literacy education to support diverse groups of students including English language learners and students with disabilities
- Effective oral, written and collaborative skills
- Demonstrated competence for university teaching
- Evidence of success for research and scholarly writing
- Willingness and ability to travel and teach at GVSU’s satellite campuses
- Willingness and ability to teach courses in an online or hybrid format, as well as traditional and/or workshop formats
- Teach three courses or their equivalent each semester in the Reading/Language Arts program. Possible courses include reading assessment, elementary reading methods, developmental literacy, language arts curriculum, and children’s literature
- Supervise graduate student practicum and thesis/ projects
- Advise undergraduate/graduate students
- Carry out scholarly activities such as research, publication, grant writing, presentations
- Provide service to the unit, university, profession and community including local K-12 schools
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: College of Education
SALARY: Competitive with comprehensive benefits package
EMPLOYMENT DATE: August 2018
CLOSING DATE: Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu. Include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, three references, and a copy of transcripts. The online application system will allow candidates to electronically attach these documents. If you need assistance or have questions, call Human Resources at (616) 331-2215. Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additional information about GVSU is available on our website at www.gvsu.edu.
Grand Valley State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes providing equal opportunity for racial and ethnic minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. University policy extends protections to additional identities.