Ready to captain, develop, and manage a facilitator training program? The Society for College and University Planning (SCUP) is seeking an experienced facilitator to teach, onboard and train, monitor outcomes, coach, and shepherd the evolution of the facilitator program for SCUP’s Planning Institute (PI) into a robust practitioner learning community.
This new role is in support of a plan to scale and expand the SCUP Planning Institute. The successful candidate will have experience in facilitative teaching, public speaking, professional development, and/or a similar customer-facing industry. Higher education experience is a requirement.
The ideal candidate wants to work in a creative organization of dedicated professionals. The incumbent is part of the SCUP learning team, but works collaboratively and openly across the entire organization. The SCUP learning strategy is based on the premise that professional learning is a driver of an innovative college or university and a key vehicle for SCUP to become an innovative higher education association. Located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, SCUP supports a distributed workforce and encourages applicants interested in remote work. Occasional travel to the SCUP office and other organization events required.
- Facilitates the SCUP Planning Institute as a front-line instructor.
- Collaborates with the PI Program Manager to develop a facilitator manual and establish policies and processes.
- Develops, models, and ensures quality assurance of a facilitator program.
- Recruits, on-boards, trains, assesses, and leads a pool of facilitators (who serve as independent contractors) to deliver the PI. Works with the PI Program Manager to schedule facilitators.
- Assesses progress, completion, and continued updates as the facilitator program matures into a practitioner learning community.
- Identifies and reports on key performance metrics.
- Continually engages the facilitators and responds rapidly to facilitator questions.
- Displays versatility in responding to facilitator and participant feedback; makes as- needed adjustments.
- Contributes to cross-functional and collaborative work on time-sensitive projects in a fast-paced environment..
- Ability and willingness to travel. Expected Travel 15%-25%
- Enthusiasm, creativity, and a willingness to cross boundaries and have fun at work.
- Higher ed experience is required; additional experience in any planning domain (strategic, academic, budget, etc.) is preferred.
- Teaching, public speaking, and/or training experience required; train-the-trainer experience preferred.
- Comfort interacting with senior higher education leaders and speaking credibly across the landscape of higher education audiences and clientele.
- Professional presence, customer relations skills, and proven track record of fostering respect and connections with internal and external constituents.
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communicator with a persuasive, credible, and authentic voice.
- Proficient time management, organizational skills, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree required; masters or advanced degree preferred.
- While this role is not a technical position, we desire tech-savvy candidates who are comfortable in a Mac environment.
The Society for College and University Planning offers a competitive benefits package including: generous medical, dental and vision insurance; 11 paid holidays, 24 vacation days annual per monthly accrual; 401k with up to 10% match; short-term and long-term disability insurance; $50,000 life insurance policy.
The Society for College and University Planning is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements addressing your fit for the SCUP Lead Facilitator role to email@example.com by January 12, 2018.