Director of Financial Information Systems
The Director of Financial Information Systems serves as a key member of the leadership team within the Finance and Administration Division. With guidance and strategic direction from the Vice President of Finance & Administration and Treasurer, the Director provides leadership in the planning, development, deployment and overall function of the university’s financial information systems. Responsibilities include process optimization and information system improvements in support of the university’s finance goals, developing new and enhancing existing financial reporting and analytics, data stewardship and security, systems integration, and project management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership in establishing a multi-year, strategic direction for the Division’s financial information systems by working closely with the Finance & Administration leadership team and key campus constituents.
- Works collaboratively with university-wide constituencies to assess financial and reporting requirements and delivers information solutions to support their needs.
- Provides institutional decision support by managing and deploying financial analytics, dashboards and reports to meet strategic and operational needs of the Finance & Administration Division and broader university constituencies.
- Convenes the university’s Financial Systems Steering Committee quarterly to discuss plans for the university’s financial information system.
- Leads Divisional staff in efforts to coordinate and optimize financial system-related processes and practices.
- Directs system maintenance tasks working with technical and functional support teams to help ensure the reliability, technical currency and optimization of the university’s financial systems.
- Manages third party vendor relationships to ensure needs and contractual obligations are met. Manages consultant relationships as necessary, including timeline of deliverables and all data exchanges.
- Maintains ongoing communication with Divisional staff to improve operations, meet needs and resolve problems with new and/or existing systems.
- Provides oversight and monitoring of finance systems compliance in accordance with established policies and standards including stewardship of finance data, compliance and security of and access to financial systems. Serves as Finance Security Officer.
- Provides analytical and technical support to Finance.
- Provides project management leadership for finance system implementations and all projects advanced to Information Technology.
- Provides leadership in assessing new developments in information systems technology, and evaluates how to best utilize emerging technology to meet organizational objectives.
- Serves on various department, division, and university committees; represents division on appropriate university bodies, committees, councils, and external advisory groups.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Finance & Administration and Treasurer.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours:
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5-7 years minimum experience in higher education with expertise managing and supporting the Banner financial information systems, reporting and analytics, project management, and systems analysis skills and experience.
- Significant experience working with databases, data warehouse technologies and report writing software.
- Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment and meet deadlines.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise with MS Office, Google Apps and other productivity software.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish effective collaborative relationships.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of Saint Joseph’s University.
- Master’s degree.
- Experience with Ellucian’s Banner system including Finance, Human Resources, Payroll and Accounts Receivable; Experience with Ellucian data warehouse solutions (i.e. Enterprise Data Warehouse and Operational Data Store).
- Experience with Cognos and Appworx.
On-line applications only. Please provide a letter of application/interest and resume. For a complete description of position responsibilities, qualifications, and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.sju.edu/postings/14585.
Saint Joseph's University is a private, Catholic, and Jesuit institution and expects members of its community to be knowledgeable about its mission and make positive contributions to that mission. Saint Joseph's is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain a talented and diverse workforce.