The Arizona State University Lake Havasu campus is seeking a full-time Lecturer to teach undergraduate courses in Business and related topics beginning August 16, 2018. Assigned courses may include teaching Management, Marketing, Operations, and/or Economics, along with one or more upper division breadth courses as needed.
This is a non-tenure track teaching position with no research responsibilities. Duties include teaching (typically 12 credits per semester) and service (approximately 20% of workload). This is an academic-year (9-month) appointment that is renewable on a year-to-year basis at the discretion of the university.
The ASU Lake Havasu Business Administration and Business Communication degrees are offered through the W. P. Carey School of Business. All teaching responsibilities will be on the Lake Havasu campus.
The W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University is one of the largest business schools in the United States with more than 14,000 students pursuing undergraduate, masters, and Ph.D. degrees. The W. P. Carey School of Business educates tomorrow’s business leaders, takes an entrepreneurial approach to learning, and conducts groundbreaking research, in order to create positive change on a global scale. The Business School is consistently cited as a top-ranked program in the United States. The W. P. Carey School of Business creates leaders who rethink the nature of business, engage the world, and create a better future.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or a related field by the time of appointment.
- A record of teaching excellence as evidenced through peer and/or student evaluations.
- Demonstrated familiarity with “best practices” in undergraduate education.
- Ph.D. in Business Administration or a related field by the time of appointment.
- Demonstrated experience in using an online course management system.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff.
Application Deadline and Procedures
Application deadline is January 15, 2018; if not filled, every two weeks thereafter until search is closed.
Only electronic applications in pdf format will be reviewed. Applicants must email the following as one PDF document to Ruthanne.Ford@asu.edu.
- A letter of interest including the name of the position for which you are applying, your qualifications, professional experience, teaching experience, and philosophy of teaching
- Curriculum vitae
- Information for 3 professional references (their position, title, e-mail, phone number)
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. (See ASU's complete non-discrimination statement and www.asu.edu/titleIX/).