Chief Marketing Officer
ISEP is seeking an exceptionally creative and collaborative Chief Marketing Officer to design and lead the growth strategy to support ISEP’s mission. The ideal candidate will possess a keen analytical mind, be highly data-driven, and know how to translate marketing concepts and strategy to a lay audience. We need a strong communicator who can engage customers at varying levels of our industry to learn how ISEP can better serve their needs. Most importantly, we wish to welcome a leader who understands the importance of listening, cooperation, and positive team management as a role model and member of ISEP’s executive team.
To learn more about this key role and how to join our team, please see the full job description below.
The CMO has strategic and tactical responsibility for the planning, development and execution of ISEP’s marketing, branding and promotional strategy for its member institutions and students. The incumbent provides leadership for the strategic positioning of the organization in the marketplace, and is charged with defining, measuring, analyzing and evaluating a comprehensive marketing approach to enhance ISEP’s reach, position, reputation and brand.
The CMO works collaboratively with the executive team to develop ISEP’s strategic plan, create a multi-year budget, set annual lead generation, application and enrollment targets, and to develop a strategic approach to program pricing. Additionally, the CMO maintains excellent working relationships with ISEP’s Council of Advisors and Board of Directors.
The CMO builds the recruitment strategy for a global student body from over 50 countries, designs outreach and marketing plans, develops the departmental budget, sets key performance indicators based on the overall ISEP strategic plan, and establishes forecasts and reporting systems.
The CMO provides leadership for and hires and supervises the staff of the marketing, creative and student engagement teams. The incumbent works across departments to improve services and workflow, and advances communication and cooperation throughout the organization.
External: College and university provosts, deans, senior international officers and study abroad directors; Additionally, ISEP’s Council of Advisors and Board of Directors.
Internal: ISEP’s President and CEO, executive team members, Director of Student Engagement, Graphic Designer and Creative Specialist, Social Media & Content Specialist, Student Engagement Officers, Director of Communications and Strategic Partnerships, Director of Technology, and Director of Human Resources.
- Lead the development, implementation and assessment of an annual marketing plan for all academic programs consistent with ISEP’s mission and strategic plan, utilizing market research to develop departmental goals.
- Develop new markets while sustaining and growing high-demand existing markets. Focus on developing the ISEP business model and strategic plan for recruiting international students on U.S. based fee-paying programs.
- In collaboration with the executive team, design and develop new program models and pilot projects that create transformative study abroad experiences for students.
- Working closely with the Vice President of Member Relations, develop a portfolio of member prospects for establishing new partnerships to grow the ISEP network. Engage with current and prospective ISEP members to understand their perception of the ISEP brand; member engagement should focus on learning how to effectively promote each member’s unique academic offerings and how to enhance the ISEP brand to successfully serve member needs.
- Contribute to the development of ISEP’s overall budget and maintain responsibility for setting and adhering to departmental budget targets.
- Collaborate in setting annual lead generation and enrollment targets for ISEP programs, and implement metrics and analytical tools to evaluate effective recruitment strategies.
- Lead the cooperation between the communications and creative teams to develop the ISEP story and communicate the organizational mission, vision and values to relevant stakeholders.
- Jointly with the Director of Communications and Strategic Partnerships, devise strategies to deepen ISEP’s industry engagement to strengthen the organization’s competitive advantage.
- Maximize the effectiveness of ISEP’s website and social media platforms.
- Through strategic brand management, advance the organization’s goal of attracting a highly diverse workforce and student body.
- Oversee the development and implementation of a strategic plan for marketing, advertising, social media, student recruitment, lead generation and lead scoring.
- Set and meet key performance indicators for the department in alignment with ISEP’s overarching strategic plan.
- Effectively manage departmental priorities and ensure marketing tools support business needs.
- Develop and manage the departmental budget and resource allocation, and implement systematic reporting and accountability mechanisms.
- Educate and train ISEP staff on the organization’s market, market segmentation, position, brand story and recruitment strategy.
- Supervise the Director of Student Engagement, and all marketing and creative staff, focusing on effective talent management.
- Develop departmental recruitment, hiring and retention strategies in collaboration with the Director of Human Resources.
- Master’ degree in marketing, business administration or a related discipline.
- 12+ years of increased responsibility and demonstrated success with marketing, business development and recruitment.
- Extensive experience managing marketing strategy and promotional projects, including paid advertising campaigns and digital marketing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current trends and effective practices in marketing and advertising, with a data driven and analytical orientation.
- Diligent fiscal manager with a proven record of managing departmental budgets and the financial acumen to understand P&L, with the ability to develop strategy and action plans to meet financial targets.
- Keen understanding of mission-driven organizations and not-for-profit administration and management.
- Strong cross-cultural skills and an ability to quickly establish positive relationships with leaders in the international education field in the United States and abroad.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, management and leadership skills, with a proven record of leading from a strategic agenda.
- Ability to clearly articulate marketing challenges and opportunities, and to effectively communicate marketing strategies to a lay audience.
- Ability to undertake regular travel to industry conferences and other strategic partnership meetings in the United States and abroad.
DESIRED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with international markets.
- Knowledge of higher education systems outside the United States.
- Successful record of leadership in support of first-generation, culturally diverse and non-traditional audiences.
- Excellent public presentation skills.
- Foreign language competency.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their resume, cover letter and salary expectation to email@example.com with the subject line: Chief Marketing Officer. The cover letter must include a brief description of the applicant’s analytical approach to and the ultimate solution of a recent marketing problem. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications will be accepted till the position is filled, however, applications received by January 8, 2018 will receive priority consideration.
If you would like to nominate or refer a prospective candidate for this position, please submit your nomination to Anna Wlodarczyk, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.