Administrative Assistant (The American Women's College)
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: AAT
- Job Type: Full-time
- Hours: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Schedule: Monday through Friday
- Position Location: Springfield, MA
JOB SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing critical coordination and administrative support for all activities of The American Women's College under the direction of the Assistant to the CAO & Administrative Services Coordinator. The position assists all departments of the division with duties which may include preparing accurate reports and documents, scheduling and organizing meetings, taking meeting minutes, assisting with budgets and purchase orders, arranging travel and assisting staff with travel reimbursements, drafting communications, ordering office supplies, and other requests as needed.
The Administrative Assistant must be able to work effectively with a wide variety of personalities and on a wide number of issues and to insure that every individual that interacts with the AA and within the division feels supported and assisted. The Administrative Assistant has a passion for helping others meet their goals and for The American Women's College to meet its crucial mission for adult women. The Administrative Assistant is able to handle highly confidential material with integrity and discretion and is able to effectively prioritize multiple responsibilities and adhere to deadlines. The Administrative Assistant is highly flexible and able to adapt to a fast changing, dynamic, and exciting environment in a calm and effective manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Greets visitors so that the individuals' needs are met with professionalism, compassion, and courtesy.
- Takes and delivers messages and return calls from students, staff, faculty, and external entities and disseminates them appropriately and in compliance with FERPA requirements.
- Arranges travel & assists with travel reimbursements for conferences, workshops, orientations, and meetings.
- Assists with the budgetary record keeping, maintains and processes all financial forms, including purchase orders and invoices in a timely manner.
- Schedules and organizes meetings or special events, including creating meeting invites, setting up conference rooms, catering, technology troubleshooting, preparing agenda and minutes upon request.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies.
- Maintains accurate and appropriate records and documentation of all processes according to the University's policies and procedures.
- Maintains a logical and orderly filing system to be accessed by other staff as needed and insures its accuracy and protection.
- Collects and organizes a wide variety of data that may be required at a moment's notice.
- Performs other duties and special projects as requested by the University.
- Associate's degree or some combination of advanced education and experience required.
- Three years of experience as an administrative assistant in a similar field.
- Excellent organizational skills, high level of initiative, attention to detail, strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Ability to work with confidential material with integrity and discretion.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple responsibilities and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to adjust to and effectively manage change.
- Proactive, independent collaborator who thinks differently and creatively problem solves.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Must project a positive and professional image.
- Committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.