Associate Dean of Curation, Publishing, & Preservation Services, University Libraries
- Master's Degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association (ALA) or from a program in a country with a formal accreditation process as identified by ALA;
- Demonstrated progression of increasingly responsible, relevant, and professional work experience, with a particular expertise and passion for the delivery of user-centered services and/or infrastructure;
- Strong leadership skills, including keen analytical and conceptual abilities and demonstrated ability to lead collaborative organizational change, inspire innovation, and delegate responsibility appropriately;
- Strong interpersonal and public communication skills including ability to serve as an advocate and spokesperson for the Libraries;
- Demonstrated engagement in areas associated with portfolios;
- Strong record of collaboratively working with all levels of library personnel, as well as stakeholders and students,
- Experience with personnel development and management (faculty, staff, student and graduate student assistants, staff development, coaching, mentoring, supervision, hiring, etc.);
- Strong commitment to user experience, with the ability to view issues from Libraries and university wide perspectives;
- Evidence of partnership development and project initiation;
- Evidence of implementation of emerging trends in higher education in the areas of focus;
- Evidence of working creatively, collaboratively, and effectively in a leadership role in promoting teamwork, diversity, equality, and inclusiveness;
- Strong comfort with creative ambiguity;
- Evidence of research, publication, and service consonant with university standards for tenure.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic plans, operational plans and large projects;
- Experience with budget management;
- Demonstrated facility with data analysis;
- Demonstrated project management skills;
- Experience in consortia and multi-institutional program development;
- Experience in an academic library or research environment;
- Experience in publisher and vendor negotiations and collaborations.
Discover the compensation package by reading the Compensation FAQ (https://gvsu.edu/library/adsearch), visiting the GVSU Wellness website (https://www.gvsu.edu/bewellgv), or the GVSU HR site (https://www.gvsu.edu/hro).
Learn more about the positions by reading the position descriptions for AD Curriculum, Research & Services (https://gvsu.edu/library/adcurriculum) and AD Curation, Publishing & Preservation Services (https://gvsu.edu/library/adcuration);Salary: Commensurate with experience
Department/Division: University Libraries
Application Deadline: December 6, 2017
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and click "Apply now". Include curriculum vitae; cover letter and a list of three references. The system will allow you to add your references on the application form. Feel free to contact Annie Bélanger (email@example.com; 616-331-2621; @annie_belanger), search committee co-chair and Dean.