Business Assistant (Part-time) (Central MA Campus)
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: BUSCM
- Job Type: Part-time
- Hours: Up to 19 hours per week
- Schedule: Evenings and weekends
- Position Location: Sturbridge, MA
The CMC Business Assistant provides customer service and administrative and general office support to the students, faculty, and staff of the campus.
- Provide customer service to students, faculty, administration, and general public.
- Provide phone support by answering phones and directing incoming calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Provide administrative support for CMC staff and faculty - copying, filing, and other projects as needed.
- Provide basic technical support for computers, projectors, and copiers used on campus.
- Organize and maintain paper and electronic files.
- Other duties may include, but are not limited to: local errands; mail services; basic maintenance of office equipment and environment.
- Duties and responsibilities of this position may vary according to the needs of the campus.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Minimum of a High School degree required.
- Prior customer service experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Productivity Suite.
- Valid driver's license.
- Must successfully pass the online safe Driving Course and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Must successfully pass safe driving course within 30-days of employment.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and in alignment with the Family Education Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) and HIPPA regulations.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- Willingness to work flexible and extended schedule including weekends and evenings when necessary.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.