College Resource Specialist
Edison State Community College invites qualified candidates to apply for the full time position of College Resource Specialist. This position exists to provide excellence in face-to-face, and phone customer assistance and information to prospective and current students, families of students, employees, agencies and the general public. This is accomplished by analyzing complicated and specialized needs related to prospect, admissions, financial aid, career services, disability services, and registration, with a goal of addressing 80% of inquiries without referral to a specialist. The hours for this position are 8:30 am to 5:30 pm Monday through Thursday and 8:00 am to 4:00 pm on Friday (adjustments to ensure 40 hours are met).
To be considered, candidates should include cover letter, resume, transcripts and three professional references when submitting their online application.
Edison State Community College is an EOE/AA Employer.
Examples of Duties:
- Serve as a contact for internal and external customers, providing necessary information and assistance in the areas of: admissions, advising, student success, financial aid, registration, career services disability services, Edison programs, processes and procedures
- Assist with Registration
- Assist student completion of various forms
- Make appointments for students with student services staff and for campus events e.g. orientation and placement testing
- Retrieve information from Ellucian Colleague as needed
- Distribute and collect necessary student documents
- Respond to e-mails requesting assistance with registration, financial aid and general information
- Assist with New Student Orientation and special college events
- Assist faculty, current/prospective students, etc. regarding questions about college instructors and classes, delivering messages as necessary
- Make appropriate contacts in case of reported emergencies
- Complete other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Required Knowledge, Skills, and Personal Qualifications:
- Customer services skills to meet the Edison commitment and services standards
- Excellent phone and interpersonal etiquette
- Excellent communication skill sufficient to obtain additional information from prospective and current students
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Clearly and effectively interpret published materials, respond clearly to employee questions, and maintain a positive supportive demeanor
- Up to six months experience with complex office procedures
- Maintain the confidentiality of private information in order to comply with laws, rules, policies and procedures
Required Educational Background:
Associate degree required (will consider applicants who are working towards an associate's degree and will graduate within the year.)
Supplemental Information: Some evenings and weekends required.