Senior Network Engineer (Reg FT)
Senior Network Engineer (Reg FT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Works on a collaborative team to design, implement and operate secure, complex and large-scale local and wide area networks, internet and intranet services and data communications to ensure availability, reliability, serviceability, performance and responsiveness that meets the needs of a broad constituency.
Work location and additional information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than December 5, 2017. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Campus: Office of College Services
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information science or related field and a minimum of five years experience. Extensive experience in design and configuration of large, multi-site/campus networks and security technologies. Extensive working knowledge of Cisco IOS and HP Comware command line. Design and implementation of Quality of Service (QoS0) on LAN and metropolitan area optical networks. Experience with wireless technologies, carrier services, voice-over-IP, routing, switching, network cabling required. Deep understanding of core networking protocols (e.g., TLS, IPSEC, BGP, OSPF and 802.11a/b/g/n/ac), infrastructure monitoring and trending systems, data center facilities management. Solid understanding of OSI or TCP / IP model.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to move, lift, carry, and push multiple heavy objects each weighing up to 50 pounds within scope of job duties.
1. Provides project leadership and technical direction to the implementation of network projects or upgrades.
2. Collaborates with campus leadership, stakeholders and end-users in the planning and implementation of network and wireless services.
3. Installs, maintains, and troubleshoot routers, switches, next-generation firewall (NGFW), Wireless Virtual Controllers, wireless AP's, Application Delivery Controller, network encryption/decryption, site-to-site and user-to-LAN VPN.
4. Installs and supports network hardware, micro-code upgrades, operating systems, applications and internet service.
5. Diagnoses and resolves network hardware and software problems associated with the College's information infrastructure.
6. Provides final-tier support for problem determination and resolution for networks and attached devices and services.
7. Participates in investigation, design and implementation of new technologies, automation, procedures and standards for the central management of the College's network, internet services and distribution software.
8. Provides day to day management and monitoring of network devices and servers.
9. Develops solutions for operational problems.
10. Participates in the development, monitoring and response for the information security program and maintains network security to protect the College's information resources; assists in maintaining disaster recovery/ business continuity processes.
11. Provides necessary documentation, training and guidance to network engineers and technical staff. Assists with documentation for end users.
12. Work in teams to collaborate on time sensitive projects.
13. Work outside normal working hours on downtime tasks such as patching, upgrading, and/or implementing new systems.
14. Provide timely, on-call assistance on emergency issues that arise outside normal working hours.
15. Travel to other campus locations for purposes of system implementation and maintenance.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Category: Administrator
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Information Technology Services
Job Open Date: 11-17-2017
Job Close Date:
All applicants must apply online at: http://www.ccacjobs.com. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.