Enterprise Applications Administrator
This is the most exciting time to be working at University College at Azusa Pacific University! With our team of dedicated professionals and faculty, we are creating a new hope for the future by investing in lives through learning pathways that are Christ-centered, flexible and accessible.
If you want to join a dynamic, God-first culture that strives to provide quality academic programs to countless students, we welcome you to apply.
Be a part of this powerful campus of an already-prestigious university that offers flexibility and innovative delivery of education to learners everywhere.
If you have a passion for service, education and innovation, we’re interested in talking to you!
We offer a competitive benefits package for eligible employees including: 30 days PTO, med/dental/vision plans, life/LTD/ADD insurance, retirement and tuition assistance.
POSITION: Enterprise Applications Administrator
APPOINTMENT: Full Time, Regular Status
LOCATION: San Dimas, CA
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
The Enterprise Applications Administrator (App Admin) is responsible for the installation, upgrading, optimization, enhancement, troubleshooting, performance and availability monitoring of assigned production applications.
The App Admin's role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the enterprise production systems that support core business. This individual is responsible for monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing software that may be on-premises, remotely hosted, or software-as-a-service. The App Admin will apply communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. The App Admin will work closely with the Enterprise Solutions and Development Operations teams to develop and enhance application support and processes. In addition to technical administration, this role will also be responsible for identifying business criticality and level of support needed for business applications.
Required Experience / Education
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related field, or equivalent work experience is required.
- 3+ years of experience in a technical support role (e.g., support desk, system administration, application administration, etc.)
- Demonstrated troubleshooting abilities
- Experience with incident management and version control and system monitoring tools
- Christian Commitment: Vital Christian faith and lifestyle
- Supportive of the evangelical mission and purpose of UC and the Azusa Pacific University System
Desired Experience / Education
- A Master’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- ITIL Foundation certification.
- Hands on experience with process automation, best practice approach, technology efficiency, and effectiveness preferred.
- Knowledge of Web Services and Services Oriented Architecture.
- Experience with SQL query development, including understanding of database structure and design.
- Experience with key UC enterprise applications (Jenzabar EX, PowerFAIDS, etc.) and SaaS and at end user and administrator levels.
- Experience configuring and supporting installed and SAAS production systems.
- Experience working with UC’s core systems development languages (SQL, PHP).
- Familiarity integrating Salesforce and ERP data.
- Provide support for assigned applications managed by the Enterprise Solutions team
- Define and apply application configurations that ensure effective operations and usability for internal customers
- Assist internal customers with significant, cross-departmental tasks and projects in assigned enterprise applications
- Ensure applications are operating at the highest level of quality and performance
- Engage in troubleshooting application issues and working with developers and vendors as necessary until resolution
- Facilitate and coordinate application updates and upgrades
- Provide on-call support for enterprise customers
- Identify problem trends and provide solutions
- Help develop Application support model and plan
- Assist in defining different tiers for support
- Establish support criteria for applications for each tier
- Establish support schedules and escalation points
- Work with application owners to create environment diagrams and data flow
- Develop world class practices and operating procedures
- Application and Process Documentation
- Provide common solutions to the first level support teams by creating how to documents
- Establish SOPs related to maintenance tasks for applications
- Establish change management procedures and documentation
- Develop and maintain Service Level Agreements
- Relationship Management
- Maintain positive, productive relationships with other teams and peers
- Work with internal customers and requesting organizations to understand incidents and ensure quality service is provided
- Identify and manage trends among issues and incidents reported by customers
- Provide level-of-effort estimates as requested by Project Managers and Developers
- Manage expectations and help prioritize production support and projects across disparate organizations
- Communicate with senior management and project management on plans, status, risks and issues
- Vendor Relationship
- Maintain vendor relationships
- Manage open vendor incidents to ensure timely resolution, root cause analysis, and defect elimination plans
- Collaboration with Development Operations team and Managed Services vendors
- Review and evaluate application architecture and structure for adherence to architecture standards
- Recommend and propose changes to new application requests or to migration requests as needed in collaboration with the Enterprise Systems Administration and Managed Services teams
- Contributes to or leads the UC IT Module Manager program through (a) informal and formal training of end users, (b) development of, or assistance with, training materials, and (c) coordination of Module Manager meetings.
- As assigned, lead or contribute to various project teams, completing task assignments on time as directed by the Project Plan.
- As requested, provide intermediate SQL query assistance for report data gathering.
- Obtain and maintain Jenzabar EX certification for assigned modules
- Proactively analyze existing applications and systems to find value added modifications and/or enhancements using specialized knowledge of assigned systems
- Serve as an escalation technical support tier for assigned systems
- Keep abreast of vendor roadmaps, upgrades, bug fixes, security patches/vulnerabilities in regard to assigned systems including guiding the organization’s actions to those changes
- Maintain training program and documentation for applications analysts
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excels at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis, configuration and support activities.
- Excellent documentation and technical writing skills.
- Understand the workflow and process requirements of complex application systems.
- Demonstrated ability to be the subject matter expert in supporting, maintaining, and administering complex applications.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills and knowledge of analytical tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated soft skills required such as presentation of ideas and clearly articulate the concepts to senior management.
- Ability to effectively interface with technical and nontechnical staff at all organizational levels.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service, be a good listener and work well with others.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and takes initiative.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with a diverse group of customers.
- Ability to learn new content areas and new skills quickly and well required.
- Ability to work through ambiguous work situations.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing requirements and environment.
- Maintains a positive, cooperative, Christ-like attitude supportive of the University and its mission.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects both as a leader and a contributor.
- Outstanding attention to detail with superior time and project management skills.
- Translation of business requirements from key stakeholders into functional and technical requirements for technical contributors.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness in delivery of IT services.
- Gathers data, compiles information, and prepares reports.
- Investigates, analyzes information, and draws conclusions within the scope of position.
- Maintains confidentiality and manage confidential information.
This position typically includes the following physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time
- Sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment
- Visual acuity to read words and numbers
- Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the telephone
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
- Occasional travel possible
The following technologies are typical of the context within which the App Admin will work, though this is not intended to be an exhaustive list. As such, the App Admin must have experience with, or be able to adapt quickly to these types of technologies.
- Enterprise application systems utilized by UC such as:
- EX and JICS from Jenzabar
- PowerFAIDS from The College Board
- Reporting tools utilized by UC such as:
- SQL Server Management Studio
- Incident management tools such as FreshDesk
- CRM solutions such as Salesforce, Target X and Jenzabar Recruitment Manager
- ETL tools such as Informatica Cloud
- Scripting and command line interface tools such as PowerShell
- Productivity tools such as Microsoft Office
- G Suite for Education (Gmail, Docs, Drive, Calendar, Hangouts, etc.).
- Remote support software
- Project management software
This job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and Azusa Pacific University College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the University may deem appropriate.
Azusa Pacific University College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.