SCHOENBERG DATABASE OF MANUSCRIPTS COORDINATOR
Duties: The Schoenberg Database of Manuscripts (SDBM) Coordinator's primary responsibilities are to: 1) develop and manage a growing New SDBM user community, currently consisting of over 170 members; 2) create instructional content for the SDBM website, including demonstration videos; 3) manage development and VIAF-implementation of the SDBM Name Authority file; and 4) assist the Principal Investigator in the coordination of the SDBM's role in the Trans-Atlantic Platform's Digging into Data Challenge-funded project 'Mapping Manuscript Migrations,' a project that brings together teams from Oxford University, the Institute de recherche et d'histoire des textes (Paris), and the Semantic Computing Research Group in Aalto University (Finland).
Qualifications: High School diploma or GED and 5 to 7 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, are required. A Bachelor's Degree in Medieval Studies, Classics, or relevant humanities discipline helpful. A Master's degree in Library and Information Science and at least 1 year experience working in a Special Collections environment are preferred.
The candidate should also possess the following:
* Reading knowledge of at least one modern European language
* Experience in database management and design
* Experience working with controlled vocabularies and authority file creation
* Outstanding communication skills
* Ability to work effectively with stakeholders and work collaboratively with technical staff
* Demonstrated capacity to learn new methods and processes
* Familiarity with Linked Open Data concepts and technology
Not required, but desirable are:
Knowledge of Latin, Greek, Hebrew or Arabic and experience working in a Digital Humanities environment.
Reference Number: 50-27429
Salary Grade: 025
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: Schoenberg Institute for Manuscript Studies
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: X-Secretarial/Administrative