ERP Technical Manager
ERP Technical Manager
University of San Francisco
This University of San Francisco is looking for an experienced ERP Technical Manager to join the Application Services team. This position will lead and manage a team of programmer analysts, administrators and DBAs who support and manage the University's administrative and enterprise systems. The position will allocate, prioritize programming team and application support resources to meet daily operation duties and project deliverables in a rapidly changing application development and administrative environment. We are looking for a mature, self-motivated, team player, action-and-results oriented individual to join our technical staff. This role assists the Director of Application Services make strategic decisions with respect to the technology roadmap for administrative and business intelligence systems within the University, including subsystems such as document management, reporting, housing and electronic payments. The services and resources include Oracle technologies, servers, application servers, which are components of the enterprise resource planning (ERP) suite.
• Provide and coordinate technical direction for the development, design and integration of the identified system platforms to meet university goals.
• Create detailed technical design documents.
• Document and develop code according to specifications and standards.
• Prepare test data, plan and conduct basic unit or module testing.
• Assist in data analysis and data migration.
• Perform analysis oversight and guidance of the designed solutions provided by technical staff.
• Manage technical resources as assigned; review work of team, keep team well informed of project/implementation changes and goals, identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change, manage the team’s progress against deliverables and milestones and revise them as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Develop work plans, goals, and objectives, and evaluates project progress in relation to unit activities.
• Manage and provide direction to technical contracting resources.
• Support the development lifecycle of identified systems and manage technical risks.
• Identify real and potential system deficiencies and implement effective solutions; escalates such issues as appropriate and in a timely fashion.
• Keep project managers well informed of the status of implementation and development efforts and serves as liaison between the technical team and project managers.
• Lead regular status meetings with the technical team to ensure development objectives are being achieved.
• Understand identified systems from a functional perspective in order to map requirements to technical features and keep current on related technology trends and advancements to aid in continual application life cycle improvements.
• Communicate effectively with business customers and project managers to identify needs and to evaluate potential technical solutions based upon those needs.
• Support the operational processes of the Banner Administrative system, including module upgrades, patches and supporting software infrastructure.
• Provide failover plan for enterprise databases and related applications.
• Perform capacity planning for the Banner and related subsystems.
• Ensure integrity of backup and recovery of all databases using various technologies.
• Participate in planning and decision-making for the Application Services group.
• Manage performance testing and tuning of the supported applications as required.
• Manage operational projects such as upgrades to existing applications and new module implementations.
• Respond to after-hours calls for the escalation and technical support of critical processes.
• Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate and lead team members.
• Manage staff resources, including annual performance reviews, staff development and training plans.
• Help programming and administration staff resolve both technical problems as well as human resources issues.
• Participate in the group review, selection, and implementation of new applications.
• Provide technical leadership and guidance in large scale projects such as system upgrades, major functional enhancements and module migrations.
• Keep IT management informed of project status and escalate issues as they arise.
• Regularly assess service quality and provide transparency to results.
• Oversee adherence to Application Services policies, procedures, and compliance obligations.
• Follow IT service management best practices and lead the continuous improvement of processes based upon the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
• Assist in the development of the departmental/unit budget.
• Perform vendor evaluation and ratings.
• Develop technical requirement elements for Request for Proposal (RFP) processes.
• Participate in and/or support University-wide mission-focused activities and planning.
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or or 7-8 years working in progressively responsible technical positions.
- 5+ years’ experience working with Oracle servers, advanced SQL, and relational databases.
- 5+ years’ experience working with database administration (preferable Oracle).
- 5+ years’ experience with date extraction (ETL) integration tools.
- Minimum of 4+ years of management/leadership experience in a software or application development organization.
- Must have 6+ years of programming and/or operational experience with standard language such as Java, C#, PHP, or Python.
- Proven knowledge and success as a team leader, including supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust and seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation.
- Strong understanding of the software development cycle.
- Strong understanding of SQL queries and database technologies.
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Strong analytical skills and approach toward problem solving.
- Strong technical skills in areas of Linux, Solaris UNIX and Windows.
- Strong understanding of Networks, Systems and Cloud Architectures.
- Experience with Web Application Development frameworks and structures.
- Experience with Model-View Controller (MVC) or similar frameworks.
- Experience with Web Services (SOAP and REST).
- Experience with database systems such as Oracle and SQL Server.
- Working understanding of Oracle PL/SQL programming language.
- Ability to effectively lead and work in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to show flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities.
- Ability to think strategically while working through tactical short term priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially when working with functional users.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with Ellucian Banner support and development.
- Experience with HTML/CSS, jQuery, Salesforce Development or similar cloud-based development platform.
- Experience developing web applications using Groovy or Grails.
- Experience with programming and/or development of Ellucian Banner module programs and the Ellucian Extensible Ecosystem (XE).
- Experience with vendor evaluation and relationships management; Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposal (RFP) writing experience desirable.
- Experience with IT Infrastructure Library/IT Service Management (ITIL/ITSM) and formal change management controls, ITIL certification preferred.
- Experience with Scrum methodology and Agile practices.
- Experience in a higher education environment. Display understanding of the higher education landscape including, challenges, opportunities, and compliance issues.
- Experience developing in a Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA).
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: www.usfjobs.com
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.