Chief Executive Officer
Click here to view position profile: https://summitsearchsolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Ameritech_CEO_Profile.pdf
Location: Draper, Utah
Ameritech is seeking a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to continue its positive trajectory. The CEO will join and lead a team of fiercely proud faculty, staff, and administrators. This is an opportunity to serve as a long-term leader of a close-knit community. The CEO will strengthen and build upon Ameritech’s core strengths by working closely with the owner and the broader Ameritech community to identify and pursue innovative and smart growth opportunities. The CEO must be a positive and inspirational change agent that lives the Five Star Values. Ameritech intends to grow, but will do so without sacrificing quality. The ideal CEO will have a credible background in educational leadership combined with business acumen.
The CEO reports to the owner and is responsible for the achievement of the mission of the College as determined by the owner and board of advisors. The primary duties of the CEO include:
- Implements and maintains a collegial process of clear and timely communications, transparency in data-driven decision-making, and a climate of responsiveness at all levels among administrators, faculty, staff, and students;
- Oversees the daily operations of the College acting as the spokesperson to the owner of the College on behalf of the faculty, program directors, academic deans and campus executive directors with respect to the instructional program, budget proposals, and academic personnel policies;
- Plays an integral role in charting the future growth of the College by providing guidance in the development of the College’s mission, policies and procedures;
- Develops an atmosphere of collegiality, shared inquiry, shared responsibility, and collective accomplishment;
- Initiates, leads, and achieves financial and nonfinancial goals;
- Represents the College as its chief spokesperson with key constituencies including government and other external agencies to build community support and good will;
- With the academic team, ensures the ongoing identification and development of clinical sites;
- Strengthens Ameritech College’s health related academic programs and maintains its identity as a top tier school that provides high quality allied health and nursing education and selects professional programs that enhance and complement the mission of the College;
- Develops and oversees appropriate administrative, policy-making, business and management infrastructures for the most efficient and effective use of institutional resources and advancement of the College;
- Leads the identification and development of new innovative academic programs based upon market need, institutional mission, and financial viability;
- Leads institution-wide enrollment discussions regarding how to effectively leverage institutional resources and ideas to shape the profile of entering cohorts and improve retention, placement, and graduation rates while meeting net revenue goals and upholding the institution’s values;
- Knowledge of current trends in higher education and the ability to implement them when applicable;
- Promotes and facilitates the effective use and application of technology in the classroom and elsewhere throughout the College to facilitate the teaching and learning experience and advance the overall academic and management operations of the College;
- Builds and supports an executive team to help achieve the vision and mission of the College.
Experience and Education
- Administrative experience in healthcare in a higher education setting or closely related field.
- Advanced degree and/or credentials and experience necessary to credibly represent an academic institution.
- Experience with private, tuition-dependent institutions preferred.
- Ability to understand and drive business outcomes, including the ability to effectively set, communicate, and meet institutional goals.
- Demonstrated commitment to program and service excellence in a student-centered environment.
- Knowledge of clinical site relationship building and management preferred.
- Experience working with regulatory and accrediting agencies preferred.
- Online education experience is a plus.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong leader able to motivate and inspire employees toward a shared vision of the future.
- Data based decision maker able to see the big picture.
- Financially astute; can understand and interpret financial statements.
- A builder; able to execute on an idea or initiative.
- Clear, transparent communicator who enjoys collaborating and building consensus; savvy change agent.
- Demonstrated comfort with maintaining a high degree of visibility and accessibility on campus with students, faculty, and staff, as well as in the surrounding region with business and community leaders and government officials.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the College and to serve as an effective link between ownership and employees.
- Professional presentation, speaking and writing skills.
- Genuine desire to see students and employees succeed.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office helpful.
Personal Character Traits
- An exceptionally strong listener with the ability to build trusting relationships.
- Humble, compassionate, and caring.
- Willingness and desire to learn from others.
- Curious, seeks to understand before acting.
- Good sense of humor.
- High integrity.
This position is based in Draper, Utah. Relocation will be provided.
Ameritech is a privately held, proprietary college specializing in healthcare career training with a goal of providing students with career advancement in the healthcare field in the shortest time possible. Founded in 1979 in Provo, Ameritech is built on the values of integrity, excellence, student-centeredness, caring, and service. These Five Star Values dictate the behavior and reflect the culture of the institution.
Ameritech is accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES), a national accreditation agency focused on healthcare institutions. Ameritech enjoys a strong local reputation and is best known for its accelerated Associate of Science in Nursing program (ADN). Widely recognized as selective, rigorous, and innovative, the program has grown to be one of the largest and highest-ranking nursing programs in Utah with NCLEX (National Council Licensure Exam) pass rates approaching 90%. The ADN is programmatically accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). Ameritech also offers an accelerated advanced degree option for registered nurses who wish to pursue their Bachelor of Science in Nursing. The RN to BSN program is programmatically accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and endorsed by the American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation (AHNCC).
In addition to nursing programs, Ameritech offers Occupational Therapy Assisting (OTA), Medical Assisting (MA), and Dental Laboratory Technician (DLT). The DLT program is the only accredited dental laboratory program in Utah. The OTA program has been granted pre-accreditation status with the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE).
While Ameritech has changed substantially over the past 30 years, it has remained true to its original vision. Over the past several decades, thousands of graduates have chosen Ameritech to assist them with their career transition into a variety of healthcare and dental-related fields. Ameritech’s enrollment is approximately 600 students today.
Ameritech boasts strong student retention and placement rates, excellent nursing licensure pass rates, spacious and well-maintained facilities, and numerous and well-equipped labs. At Ameritech, you will not find sprawling lecture halls or expansive grounds. You will find systems put in place for a simple purpose: to enroll outstanding students, provide them with a best-in-class education, and place them into their desired career as efficiently as possible. This includes small class sizes, advanced skills labs, and 24-hour online library support.
Today, Ameritech has campuses in Draper and Provo, UT. The new CEO will be asked to strengthen and grow Ameritech while remaining true to its mission and values. Read more: http://www.ameritech.edu
This position is based in Draper, Utah about 20 miles south of Salt Lake City.
While confidential review of applications will begin immediately and are welcomed until position is filled, interested parties are encouraged to apply by January 15, 2018. Applications should include a resume or CV and a cover letter outlining your interest in and suitability for this position.
To apply online, click here: https://summitsearchsolutions.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=apply&jobOrderID=10075979&portalID=5652
For nominations or further information:
Tamara Rozhon, Ed.D.
Summit Search Solutions, Inc.
Ameritech College of Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.