Assistant Professor of Recreation and Leisure, Therapeutic Recreation/Recreation Therapy
College of Health and Human Studies
Department of Recreation and Leisure Services
Tenure-Track Position Opening
RECRUITMENT NUMBER: 2487
POSITION: Assistant Professor of Recreation and Leisure, Therapeutic Recreation/Recreation Therapy
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 21, 2018, Fall Semester
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
TO APPLY VISIT: http://web.csulb.edu/divisions/aa/personnel/jobs/posting/2487/index.html
• Ph.D. in Park, Recreation, Leisure or a related discipline; one degree (or emphasis/concentration) from within the field of Recreation Therapy/ Therapeutic Recreation
• Degree at time of application or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree by August 1, 2018
• Demonstrated potential to teach effectively at college level
• Demonstrated potential for successful research, scholarly and creative activities.
• Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population.
• National Certification in Therapeutic Recreation via NCTRC
• California State Certification in TR/RT
• Evidence of effective teaching experience at the college level
• Evidence of peer reviewed published research, scholarly and creative activities.
• Evidence of successful grant proposal writing
• Experience in computer-assisted instruction.
Review of applications to begin October 16, 2017
Position opened until filled (or recruitment canceled)
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, political affiliation, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.