Assistant Professor of Asian Studies (Korean Language and Culture)
College of Liberal Arts
Department of Asian and Asian American Studies
Tenure-Track Position Opening
RECRUITMENT NUMBER: 2462
POSITION: Assistant Professor of Asian Studies (Korean Language and Culture)
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 20, 2018 (Fall Semester)
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
TO APPLY VISIT: http://web.csulb.edu/divisions/aa/personnel/jobs/posting/2462/index.html
- Ph.D. in East Asian languages and cultures, applied linguistics, foreign/second language education, or a relevant area of Korean studies.
- Degree at time of application or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree required by August 1, 2018.
- Native or near-native fluency in Korean and English
- Demonstrated effectiveness for teaching
- Demonstrated potential for research/publication record
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population.
- Specialization in Korean language, culture, or a related field with the ability to teach all levels of Korean language courses including content courses in one area (such as contemporary Korean culture) in English.
- Experience or strong commitment to working in a foreign/second language program serving undergraduate students with the ability to expand the program.
- Experience teaching Korean language and Korean culture courses at college level.
- Research program and publications in the area of desired specialization or related field.
- Experience and interest in the use of technology and the development of hybrid courses.
- Background or experience in applied Korean linguistics and familiarity with new pedagogies and methodologies of teaching Korean language and culture.
Review of applications to begin October 15, 2017
Position opened until filled (or recruitment canceled)
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer