Assistant Professor of International Studies
College of Liberal Arts
Department of International Studies
Tenure-Track Position Opening
RECRUITMENT NUMBER: 2464
POSITION: Assistant Professor of International Studies
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 20, 2018 (Fall Semester)
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
TO APPLY VISIT:
• Ph.D in a relevant field or official completion of doctoral degree by August 1, 2018
• Social or behavioral scientist with an emphasis in the international or global intersections of two or more of the following areas: Health, Social Change, Environment, and Social Diversity
• Significant experience as a practitioner in the candidate's field
• Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching as well as research, scholarly and creative activities.
• Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population
• Demonstrated commitment to the interdisciplinary exploration of contemporary issues in international studies.
• Proficiency in at least one language in addition to English
• Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population.
• Doctorate in Public Health, Economic Sociology, Environmental Management, International Affairs, Public Policy, Social Policy, or related professional area.
• A broad research agenda that may encompass multi-disciplinary research, collaboration with practitioners, and/or legal research. Examples include indigenous movements for environmental justice, community health engagement, environment and health, social determinants of health, environmental racism, health care access and disparities, community-level policy formation, community health in urban/rural spatiality
• Experience in designing professional training programs or academic curriculum for professional fields.
Review of applications to begin October 16, 2017
Position opened until filled (or recruitment canceled)
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer