IT/AV HELP DESK SUPPORT
Duties: Provide IT Help Desk and Classroom Technology support for Information Technology Services at the Annenberg School.
Assist and troubleshoot computer hardware, software, and audio-visual equipment. Must be able to lift and move computer equipment, supplies and other packages not to exceed 50 lbs. Must be able to have schedule flexibility on nights and weekends to provide support for occasional off-hours events.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Assist faculty, students, and staff with any daily operational or functional questions/problems with office workstations, equipment in the classrooms and faculty personal computers and cell phones.
* Be available to be the technology person on site for special event technology needs - often at night or on weekends
* Assist guest lecturers to provide technical accommodations as needed
* Train and assist faculty, students, and staff as needed on how to use classroom technology and equipment. This duty may include scheduling training sessions as needed
* Assist in maintaining an inventory of equipment along with proper documentation
* Assist in organizing various IT/AV storage spaces
* Assist in software installations, upgrades, updates, etc. on classroom installed computers
* Provide regular maintenance and small repairs if necessary
* Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: High School diploma or equivalent; 3 - 4 years' experience, preferably in an academic setting. Intermediate skills with Microsoft Windows and Office products, PC and Mac hardware and experience supporting audio-visual systems and equipment is preferred. Excellent customer service skills including good written and oral communication skills. Experience troubleshooting problems in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment. Must be punctual and reliable. Must relate comfortably with faculty, administrators, students, and staff. Ability to work both autonomously and in a team-based environment
Reference Number: 36-27378
Salary Grade: 024
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: Annenberg School for Communication
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: 7-Technical Craft