Director of Respiratory Care and Allied Health
San Mateo County Community College District
Director of Respiratory Care and Allied Health
Posting Number: 2014517S
Department: Sciences / Math / Technology SKY (DEPT)
Location: Skyline College
Position Number: 2F0033
Percentage of Full Time: 100%
Months per Year: 12
Salary Range: $119,724 (annual) - $151,668 (annual)
Position Type: Staff & Admin
San Mateo County Community College District values the principles of diversity and equity. We provide our students with a rich and dynamic learning community that embraces differences, emphasizing collaboration and engaging students in and out of the classroom, encouraging them to realize their goals, and to become critical thinkers and socially responsible leaders.
The position serves as the academic manager responsible for leadership, planning, developing, organizing, day-to-day management, and evaluating the Associate and Bachelor Degree Respiratory Care Program tracks. Responsibilities will also include leadership and administrative support for other Allied Health programs (Administrative Medical Assisting, Anesthesia Technology, Central Service Technology, Emergency Medical Care, and Surgical Technology) and services within Skyline College. Public contact is extensive and includes students, faculty, staff, other educational institutions, community and business representatives, governmental agencies and the general public, for the purpose of exchanging program information and services. A high degree of independent judgment and creativity are required to adequately represent the college, Respiratory Care and other Allied Health programs, to serve as a technical resource person for Allied Health, and to design program components and services and ensure their effectiveness.
The San Mateo Community College District provides affordable housing opportunities for those relocating to the Bay Area.
• Registered Respiratory Therapist with the National Board for Respiratory Care for a minimum of four years
• Possess or qualify for a valid, active California Respiratory Care License
• Possession of a Master’s degree or above from an accredited college or university or the equivalent
• A minimum of two years’ experience in clinical respiratory care
• A minimum of two years’ experience teaching in an accredited respiratory care program either as an appointed faculty member or as a clinical preceptor
• Demonstrated cultural competence, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with administrators, faculty, staff, students, and the community-at-large
2. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse teams to effectively reach project goals and outcomes
3. Knowledge of and experience with respiratory care education policies, partnerships, and procedures
4. Active involvement in professional association(s) related to respiratory care
5. Understanding of and commitment to the role and purpose of the community college
6. Experience in integration of pedagogies that emphasize cooperation and collaboration, and engage students actively in learning, encouraging them to become independent, creative learners with higher- order thinking skills
7. Familiarity with the use of instructional technology and media to enhance teaching and student learning
8. Experience in directing the work of others and in providing positive problem solving skills
9. Demonstrated skills in leadership and coordination of programs service
10. Skill in communicating respectfully, sensitively and effectively with people who are diverse in their academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds
Preferred Qualifications: Ability to speak a second language is desirable but not required.
Benefits: Benefits include paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. The District pays all or a portion of monthly medical plan premiums (depending on the coverage) and pays all of the monthly dental and vision plan premiums for employees and eligible dependents. Additional paid benefits include life insurance, salary continuance insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program. Optional tax-deferred flexible benefit 403(b) and 457 plans are also available. Academic managers participate in the State Teachers’ Retirement System, a defined-benefit retirement plan through the State of California. Employees may also be eligible for various first-time homebuyer programs.
First Review Date: 02/01/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
To apply, visit: https://jobs.smccd.edu/
The San Mateo County Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks to employ individuals who represent the rich diversity of cultures, language groups, and abilities of its surrounding communities.