Director of Employer Relations
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
Position Code: DSELS
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, plus some evenings and weekend hours
Position Location: Longmeadow
The Director of Employer Relations serves as the public face of Bay Path University with employer, corporate and other organizational partners in developing applied learning and employment opportunities for students and alumni. The Director of Employer Relations proactively develops and implements strategies designed to increase employment and internships opportunities for Bay Path University students and graduates. The position requires a willingness to travel and work a flexible schedule as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Proactively develop and implement strategies designed to increase employment and internships opportunities for Bay Path University students and graduates.
- Initiate and nurture positive relationships with major employers and organizational partners relevant to the areas of interest and academic preparation of Bay Path University students.
- Increase the number of high quality internships and employment opportunities.
- Strategically identify and build relationships with regional, state, national and international employers for recruitment of Bay Path students and graduates.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff, board and advisory council members, alumni and other key stakeholders to increase employment and internship opportunities.
- Develop and administer resources, programs, and events to assist students in their career explorations, including preparing and accompanying students for career fairs, etc.
- Compile and report data annually on employer relations activities and outcomes including but not limited to: job market demand, use of career services, trends in recruiting, job-offer data, and hiring results for students in various academic majors.
- Develop and manage employer virtual relationships through the Carpe Diem Career Network.
- Assess employer relations efforts annually and make recommendations for enhancement or improvement.
- Actively identify and promote career and internship opportunities to students, faculty and alumni.
- Oversee the design and production of Career Center publications and communications targeted to employer, corporate and organizational partners, via public website, careers website, Carpe Diem Career Network, social media and community partners.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with Advancement/Alumni Relations, Admissions and Strategic Alliances to insure an appropriate sharing of, career-related resources on campus.
- Work with the Director of Institutional Research to assess the success outcomes of students, as well as the outcomes of field-based learning in experiences; promulgate those outcomes to the University community and prospective students and families.
- Work with employers to develop marketing strategies for enhancement of employer presence on campus which may include but is not limited to: campus recruitment, job and internship postings, career and networking events, academic presentations, meetings with faculty and staff, class or student organization presentations, resume searches.
- Formulate strategies to incentivize greater participation for those students and faculty in those majors that under utilize career resources.
- Coordinate administrative and reporting needs through our graduate and undergraduate student career center staff.
- Teach WEL 310 at least once per academic year.
- Assist with the development and administration of the career ready badge.
- Proactively contribute to the integration efforts between career and life planning, academic advising, and the e-portfolio and badging initiative.
- Conduct individual and group meetings with students for employer readiness and job/internship searches.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Perform any other job functions as assigned by the University.
- Represent the University at external functions and all public relations events geared toward the development of community and corporate partnerships.
- Schedule presentations with community organizations and corporations for inquiry generation purposes.
- Schedule presentations with community organizations and corporations as follow-up activities to visits.
- Establish and maintain accurate community organization and corporation portfolios, documenting changes in personnel, population, and chronicling all events activities and presentations.
- Pursue new agreements with community organizations and corporations and act as a go-to-liaison between the community organization or corporation and key university members in order to expeditiously move the agreement project forward.
- Assist with facilitating and conducting social gatherings for community organizations or corporations and interact throughout the social gathering.
- Support other admissions activities such as open houses.
- Be an ambassador of good will in representing the University.
If you operate a University owned, leased or personal vehicle at any time while performing your duties you must follow all policies and procedures outlined in the Operations Manual. Additionally, you must report any driving offense, on or off company time, which causes a loss, suspension, or any other change in your license status. You must report this change within one business day of the offense. You can report this change to the Human Resource Department or your direct supervisor. Failure to do so can lead to disciplinary action, up to and including terminations.
This list of essential job functions and other responsibilities is representative of those duties and responsibilities that are required of this position. However, the list is not to be considered as all-inclusive. A supervisor or director may assign other duties and/or other duties at alternate locations to meet mission requirements of the University and cooperation of all personnel is expected to carry out the mission.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move lightweight objects.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs and walking significant distances between and within university buildings.
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, and kneeling.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in both hands to operate variety of office related equipment including; computer, telephone, copier, fax, calculator, and the like.
- Visual ability corrected, to assure accuracy of all documents produced or disseminated from this position.
- Audio ability corrected, to hear telephone, fax and any emergency related alarms such as fire alarm.
- This position requires standing, sitting and walking; minimal pulling, pushing, lifting, stretching, kneeling, and lifting up to 20 lbs.
- At least three years of full-time experience in consultative sales, business development, partnership recruitment, or higher education experience in either Admissions, Advancement or Career Services, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Required. Master's Degree in Higher Education or related field preferred.
- Excellent public speaking, interview, and customer service skills with an ability to develop relationships with key administrators and staff within local corporations/companies and community organizations.
- Track record of establishing rapport, understanding corporate and community organization's needs, presenting high-level information and responding to questions from key administrators and staff that assist the corporation and community organizations with their professional development programs.
- Ability to work with a diverse constituency and all levels of the organization. Demonstrated commitment to working in and building a culture of diversity and inclusion, and ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences different from ones' own.
- Excellent computer skills with an ability to set-up and use technical equipment for presentations; general knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and social media are essential.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule that requires travel to off-campus sites, attending events or functions as required, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated.
- Valid driver's license.
- Must successfully pass the safe driving course and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Must successfully pass safe driving course within 30-days of employment. Failure to successfully complete the course within the 30-day period is grounds for immediate termination.
- Submit to and pass criminal offender records check (C.O.R.I.).
- Submit to and pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.